Corporate Tax Assistant Manager
About the firm and department
RSM is a leading provider of audit, tax and consulting services to middle market leaders, globally. With around 3,650 partners and staff in the UK and access to 48,000 people in over 120 countries across the RSM network, we can meet our clients’ needs wherever in the world they operate. Equally, as one of the world’s largest networks of audit, tax and consulting firms, we’ll help you reach your full potential.
As part of a National Corporate Tax service line and alongside strong local experts within the North West Team, you’ll work on an impressive client list made up of growth-focused entrepreneurs, private equity portfolio companies and large multinationals. The variety of projects will challenge you every day, helping you expand your capabilities and grow professionally. Discover a culture that nurtures individuality and celebrates fresh thinking!
About the role
A fantastic opportunity to join an experienced and energetic tax team at an incredibly exciting part of the growth journey. As a result of a number of recent senior hires and client wins, we are looking to enhance our team further with the addition of a Tax Assistant Manager based near our Stoke office.
This role would suit someone who is looking for an environment where they will have opportunity to accelerate their knowledge, skills and development in a creative, entrepreneurial and supportive team working with lots of fantastic clients along the way. Surrounded by talent, this role will genuinely give you an opportunity to further your career and develop your capabilities to their full potential.
This is an opportunity to work on a varied portfolio of clients and groups, some with complex tax affairs, ensuring both excellent client service and identification of further work opportunities. The role will include undertaking the more complex compliance work, supporting and developing junior team members, and working on a variety of advisory projects.
- Managing a portfolio of clients, thus acting as day-to-day point of contact for the client and ensuring excellent service at all times.
- Ensuring each assignment is undertaken in accordance with the pre-assignment instructions and carrying out all aspects of the assignment efficiently, thoroughly and in accordance with the firm’s procedures.
- Ensuring tax quality at all times by adhering to the firm’s quality standards.
- Responsible for the corporation tax compliance service for clients in the portfolio.
- Advising on payment of tax liabilities as they become due.
- Preparing and submitting corporation tax returns and supporting computations.
- Dealing with enquiries raised by HM Revenue & Customs.
- Being available to assist with planning and advisory work and to work closely with other departments.
- Maintaining an awareness of the firm’s specialist services and publications.
- Providing adequate briefing, supervision and training for junior staff.
- Reviewing work completed by junior staff for adequacy and completeness and to provide feedback
- Collaborating with other tax service lines as business needs require.
- Developing and maintaining an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses, and to fulfil the professional bodies’ CPE requirements.
- Carrying out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, the title of the role and its grading, as requested by the line manager, Head of Department or any partner.
About the ideal candidate
- ACA, ACCA and/or CTA qualified.
- Background in an Accountancy Practice with good knowledge of corporate tax.
- Proven experience in client handling and managing a busy portfolio.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills.
- Experience of using specialist tax software is advantageous.
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.
Diversity and inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
To find out more, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our Careers Website.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.