Fund Financial Oversight Manager, State Street Global Advisors, Officer, Hybrid
Who we are looking for
SSGA manages and is promoter of approximately 400 European UCITS and AIF funds in multiple domiciles (Luxembourg, UK, Ireland and France). The European Funds Management team is responsible for the lifecycle management of the funds and handling all processes related to fund governance, including oversight of the funds’ financial reporting cycle.
This role will be responsible for the tasks detailed below, as well as providing support to the product managers in relation to others. The strategic objective of the role is that the firm continues to align with fund accounting best practice and performs the oversight of its service providers in the most efficient manner.
She/he will also assist with ad hoc initiatives as required.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
What you will be responsible for
As a Fund Financial Oversight Manager your responsibilities may include:
- Provide support to product managers with the oversight of fund administrators production of fund financial statements.
- Coordinate the provision of financial statement disclosures and data inputs on behalf of SSGA.
- Act as SSGA’s representative liaising with the fund administrators and auditors.
- Liaise with the Company Secretary with respect to audit committee meetings to approve the financial statements, present on behalf of SSGA and ensure all director comments and queries are addressed.
- Undertake the annual due diligence and ongoing monitoring of service levels of the fund administrators responsible for the production of the financial statements.
- Stay abreast of market developments and best practice standards through building strong relationships with auditors and other service providers.
- Manage regulatory change with respect to the financial statements, including SFDR compliance.
- Ensure timely execution of all BAU processes with a focus on minimising enterprise risk.
- Excellent communicator
- High level of initiative and ownership
- Good attention to detail
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Accounting qualification + min. 2 years relevant experience in fund accounting or fund accounting oversight or related finance function
- Specific Technical Knowledge:
- Familiarity with fund financial statements prepared under IFRS & FRS 102.
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street Global Advisors
What We Do. As the asset management arm of State Street Corporation, State Street Global Advisors has served the world’s governments, institutions and financial advisors for over four decades. With a rigorous, risk-aware approach built on research, analysis and market-tested experience, we build from a breadth of active and index strategies to create cost-effective solutions. As stewards, we help portfolio companies see that what is fair for people and sustainable for the planet can deliver long-term performance. And, as pioneers in index, ETF, and ESG investing, we are always inventing new ways to invest. As a result, we have become one of the world’s largest asset managers with trillions of dollars under our care.
Our Mission. At State Street Global Advisors our mission is to invest responsibly to enable economic prosperity and social progress. We are driven by a desire to help our clients, and those who rely on them, achieve a better future. We have a long history of developing innovative investment strategies to provide our clients with reliable and transparent returns, cost-effectively, and without excessive risk.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to Flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Company: State Street Global Advisors
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.