Extended Assurance Internal Audit Senior Manager (with IT experience) Financial Services - London
Our Internal Audit team aims to provide confidence to our clients and their stakeholders through the rigorous independent assessment of process and controls. This is done through the appropriate use of assurance skills, robust audit and other methodologies coupled with industry insight in the Financial Services market.
We are in the process of building our ever-growing Internal Audit practice and are looking for driven professionals with a strong background in Financial Services Internal Audit.
Candidates should have experience of working in assurance, risk and / or controls projects either as an internal auditor / advisor at a professional service firm and / or within an Internal Audit function within industry.
In addition, disruptive technology is driving a need to focus even more on how technology supports, underpins, and disrupts the way in which an organisation operates. As a result, we are looking for individuals who also possess strong IT Audit skills to complement our integrated Internal Audit team.
Your key responsibilities
If successful, you will be expected to secure and enhance relationships with senior client management (including Heads of Internal Audit, Heads of IT Internal Audit, and Audit Committee Chairs). We will expect you to manage day to day client relationships whilst delivering value to the client by providing insightful knowledge into business and technology improvement. You will be seen as a trusted advisor to Partners and Directors, identifying new business opportunities and building upon existing client networks. We will expect you to contribute to writing Thought Leadership articles, people initiatives and to manage engagement economics.
Join us and you'll work on challenging projects and accelerate your career within an international and supportive team. You'll also be introduced to career challenges that will take you into exciting new professional territory.
Your goal will be to help clients achieve their potential - and you can expect to do the same. As part of a supportive team, you'll have every opportunity to progress and build knowledge that will make a difference to your entire career.
Skills and attributes for success;
- Desire to build / develop a career in assisting financial services clients with controls assessments / improvements, including the provision of either a formal (assurance) or informal (findings & recommendations) opinion.
- Ability to lead teams and deliver our solutions to meet client needs, preferably demonstrated in a professional services environment.
- Intellectual rigor / flexibility to rapidly understand complex problems and rationalise these into a workable solution which can then be delivered.
- Ability to operate with stakeholders / manage projects which potentially span all functions within client organisations.
- High level of drive, commitment to achieving solutions and ability to work and lead under pressure.
To qualify for the role you must have
- ACA, ACCA, CIA qualified or equivalent
- CISA, CISM, CRISC, CGEIT ISACA qualifications or equivalent
- A working understanding of ITIL, COBIT 5 and their applications to an IT control environment
- Depth of experience in Banking & Capital Markets, Wealth & Asset Management or Insurance
- Knowledge of business process, operational process and process analysis
- Practical experience of regulatory topics including Prudential Reporting, Structural Reform; new internal audit innovation; and/or Business audit skills
- Experience of IT topics including information security (including access security, cyber security), data governance and management and cloud computing.
- Experience of presenting to both internal and external audiences
- Demonstrable track record of originating and executing relevant internal audit work, including experience of leading both core business and IT internal audit and internal controls (including Sarbanes Oxley) reviews
- Track record of successfully pitching for business, identifying and anticipating commercial opportunities, with the ability to build and develop a strong client portfolio through existing and new relationships to converting networking activity into delivery of revenue
- Strong stakeholder management skills
Ideally, you’ll also have
- A track record with a blue-chip company in the Financial Services industry or professional services firm would be preferable
- Experience with programming languages such as Python, R or SQL
- An understanding of Machine Learning techniques
- PRINCE2 qualification or equivalent
What we look for
We are looking for individuals who are highly motivated, professional and passionate about what they do. We want individuals who will further add to the continued success of our Internal Audit practice.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
Please note: Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. Read more about our commitment to diversity & inclusiveness here. We ask because it matters!
We’re building the workplace of the future at EY – a place that’s smarter, more inclusive, more dynamic and more flexible. We're embracing change and helping our clients to adapt - to create more inclusive economic growth. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.