Finance Business Advisor, Associate
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture, and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
In this role, you will play a key role in providing insightful financial advice to the business on opportunity structure, revenue recognition, margin improvement, and inventory management as well as recommending best practices for using tools and processes to drive optimum opportunity and engagement results.
The Finance Business Advisor (BA) plays a key role to advise and support our client-serving engagement teams to effectively manage their projects with EY’s external clients. There are two main components to this role: providing on-demand financial advisory support to engagement teams reaching out through email and Service Now channels. The BA will also proactively outreach to engagement teams that have been identified as needing support.
Finance BA are closely connected to a broader network of functional experts as well as to Finance Leaders in the countries they support. Together, this group teams to share knowledge and continuously improve the support they provide to the client-serving community. The role will provide support virtually in a time zone conducive environment.
In summary, the Finance BA is a finance professional with the end-to-end system, process, and policy knowledge who provides the right advice at the right time and partners with other functions to address the issues facing the business as we transform how we operate.
Your key responsibilities
- Analytical/Decision-making responsibilities include:
- Make relevant decisions to ensure client servers receive a timely and accurate response. Where this is not possible, escalate to the appropriate functional expert in a timely manner
- Flex personal style to manage interactions with client servers in order to achieve the best outcome
- When working on client-server portfolios, leverage system and finance expertise to prepare for discussions, including establishing topics to be addressed, prioritising them, and reaching out to other functional experts if required
- Multitask and prioritize deliverables that include the following activities:
- Review open items, prioritize follow up activities
- Schedule engagement team meetings in advance
- Spend scheduled time 'on the grid', addressing general queries from engagement teams. Responses from Finance BA will include activities such as:
- Reviewing pricing plans
- Screen sharing to show teams how to perform various activities
- Ensuring engagement teams are properly prepared for client negotiations from a financial perspective
- Advising on how to select the correct fields where necessary
- Explaining downstream impacts of different user choices in Mercury
- Providing instruction and guidance on various processes and corresponding financial impact where applicable
- Collaborate and team including the following activities:
- Team with others across Country and Region Finance to work through project portfolios and advise client-serving teams on how to adjust and improve their financials
- Provide guidance on local policy and leading practices
- Facilitate system and financial management practice training
- Contribute to continuous improvement by sharing knowledge and providing support to other team members and region colleagues, at the same time constantly looking to leverage on leading practices established by other teams
Skill and attributes for success
- Fluent and effective communication style in English
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to express and convey ideas
- Proficiency with firm standard technology such as Outlook, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, Windows, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Experience with Service Now and SAP is a plus
- Strong ability to learn quickly and share knowledge
- Excellent listening skills to provide focused advice, combined with the ability to apply judgment and seek guidance when escalation to a functional expert is appropriate
- Strong understanding of the client-server perspective and the ability to view issues through their lens
- A logical approach to problem-solving such that the end-solution is delivered to the customer’s satisfaction
- Professional approach, demonstrating tact and diplomacy
- Ability to prioritize workload and deliver outputs within strict deadlines.
- Strong communication and partnering skills with people of all levels of the firm
- Highly effective at virtual teaming and influencing skills
- Strong numerical skills with the ability to understand financial metrics and dependencies including the ability to calculate variances quickly and accurately
- Experience in translating technical system "jargon" into business-relevant terms so that concepts are understandable to client-serving teams
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer orientation; positive outlook, open, honest and ethical
To qualify for the role you must have
- A Bachelor’s degree holder in Business Administration, Accountancy, Finance or related courses
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a finance or operations role
Ideally, you’ll also have
- An interest in facilitating and delivering training to mid to large-sized groups
- While overtime is not a requirement, individuals in this role are expected to recognize when extra effort/time is needed to produce optimal outcomes and managing deliverables, accordingly, working with peers and supervisors to balance workloads as necessary
- June into early July represents the close of the EY fiscal year. As such, this is a problematic time to take a vacation in this role (peak season)
- Self-educate and seek additional knowledge by staying up to date with the firm's policies, processes, and tools.
- Build relationships and stay connected with the business and functional experts
What working at EY offers
- As a Finance BA, you will be an integral part of the Asia-Pacific finance team and will have the opportunity to develop new skills and progress your career in a global organisation
- Five-day working week, meaning weekends off (Saturday & Sunday)
- Support, coaching, and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people, and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.