Senior Analyst, Accounting
Senior Accounting Analyst
We are a global, multi-billion-dollar corporation – and Accounting is vital to reflecting our staggering earnings, profits, cash balances and other financial results. To meet this challenge, we implement best practices, provide general financial support, resolve queries, prepare reports and provide statistics. We also design policies and procedures that adhere to audit standards and conform to FASB and SEC guidance, as well as compliance with GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley section 404.
Join us as a Senior Analyst on our Accounting team in Bayan Lepas, Penang to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
What you’ll achieve:
As a Senior Accounting Analyst, you will perform monthly journal booking in accordance with Corporate Policy. Besides that:
- Complete assigned Balance Sheet Reconciliation in accordance with Corporate Policy and minimize all reconciling items with aging greater than 60 days
- Highlight all problematic aging reconciliation items and update progress of resolving them
- Involve in Trial Balance, CFR and account analysis and fluctuation commentary
- Perform SOX and CSA as needed and ensure no repeat audit point. Ensure all Management Action Plans are closed timely.
- Handle internal & external auditor process on statutory audits/ Quarterly reporting/ etc
- Involve in global progress improvement and project. Work with project team to rectify exceptions and closes all gaps identified
- To work closely with SBU finance.
- Prepare & provide ad-hoc information as & when required.
- Ensure consistent accounting treatment across APJ with Corporate Reporting & Dell worldwide
Take the first step towards your dream career:
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Degree in Accountancy or professional qualification.
- At least 2 to 4 years of working experience in related field.
- Good Communication, problem solving and presentation skills.
- Good computer knowledge in Microsoft software, especially Excel. Oracle knowledge is an added advantage.
- Working to tight deadlines at times with resource constraint
- Proven Analytical Skills and Extremely Process Driven
- Flexible, enthusiastic, self-motivated and a team player
- Able to work staggered hours if necessary, independently and communicate effectively with all levels of management and staff
Here’s our story; now tell us yours:
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life -- while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.
You can also learn more about us by reading our latest Diversity and Inclusion Report and our plan to make the world a better place by 2030 here.
Application closing date: 28 Feb 2022
Dell is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Dell are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Dell will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Dell encourages applicants of all ages. Read the full Equal Employment Opportunity Policy here.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Candidates must be resident in Malaysia, or have the right to work in Malaysia.