Audit and Accounts Manager
At Sedulo we are building a world class team to deliver our mission to make positive change in the communities we work in. We do this by:
- Working with our clients to transform their business and personal finances
- Connecting and contributing to the business community in the cities we are located in
- Working with charities by fundraising and influencing change both now and in the future through the Sedulo Foundation
- Being a great place to work and develop your career
We offer a full range of services from the inception of the business concept, throughout growth of the entity and on to exit strategies. There is no typical clientele; we work with start-ups through to multinational, listed companies.
Sedulo was founded in 2009 and has state of the art offices in the city centres of Manchester (Head Office), Leeds, London and Liverpool with ambitions to grow further. As one of the fastest growing advisory firms in the country we now employ over 170 staff, are in the Top 50 accountants in the UK and boast an exciting and varied client base of top level professional sports clubs and National Governing Bodies, well known high street brands, cutting edge restaurants, high profile charities, high growth FinTech businesses, political parties and many more.
We are looking for a strong audit and accounts manager with a practice background. You will work closely alongside the current audit and compliance managers, senior managers and partners to manage a varied portfolio of clients and complete assignments including year-end accounts preparation and statutory audit work as well as delivering any adhoc advisory work.
The successful applicant will have the autonomy to shape their own career within a tight-knit, non-traditional, start-up type environment, but with the support and guidance of the wider Audit and Compliance team of a top 50 firm.
You will relish the opportunity to deliver a world class service to a varied portfolio of clients will enjoy acting as a mentor and coach to a small, dedicated team of trainees, semi-senior and newly qualified staff.
- Support the Audit & Compliance Partner with the management and development of the Audit & Compliance team through effective supervision and training
- Responsible for ensuring clients meet all statutory filing requirements
- Effectively plan an audit and then carry out that plan through audit testing and ensure all parts of the file are completed
- Ensure all accounts are reviewed and review points fed back to team members
- Carry out managerial tasks and support wider team with their development through regular reviews, on the job training and study support
- Work with Audit & Compliance partner to allocate work across the team
- Organise and lead weekly team meetings to discuss client deadlines, workload/planner and billing targets
- Attend client meetings, building excellent working relationships and actively highlighting any cross selling opportunities for the wider Sedulo group
- Assist with the delivery of CPD training and webinars ensuring the teams remain compliant with the latest legislative changes
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Qualified in either ACCA or ACA or be QBE with experience within a practice environment where main duties have related to statutory year end accounts and/or audit
- Excellent communicator at all levels
- Confident in working with clients at all levels and experience in building strong client relationships
- Organised, efficient and a genuine interest and willingness to make a positive contribution
- A strong desire to coach and develop team members
- Flexible and proactive approach to work and the ability to work under pressure
What we offer
- A company mantra of having fun together, getting results together and giving back together
- A bespoke training and development plan with the opportunity to expand and diversify your skills
- 26 days holiday, company pension scheme, health care plan, cycle to work scheme, death in service benefits and access to our in house Wealth Planning and Mortgage departments
- Smart working and agile working hours including the ability to work remotely for up to 20% of your contracted time
- Ability to work away from home remotely for up to 4 weeks per year, great for extending a trip to see family or making the most of warmer climates
- All expenses paid annual social trip overseas