Audit and Accounts Senior
At Sedulo we are building a world class team to deliver our mission to make positive change in the communities we work in. We do this by:
- Working with our clients to transform their business and personal finances
- Connecting and contributing to the business community in the cities we are located in
- Working with charities by fundraising and influencing change both now and in the future through the Sedulo Foundation
- Being a great place to work and develop your career
We offer a full range of services from the inception of the business concept, throughout growth of the entity and on to exit strategies. There is no typical clientele; we work with start-ups through to multinational, listed companies.
Sedulo was founded in 2009 and has state of the art offices in the city centres of Manchester (Head Office), Leeds, London and Liverpool with ambitions to grow further. As one of the fastest growing advisory firms in the country we now employ over 170 staff and boast an exciting and varied client base of top level professional sports clubs and National Governing Bodies, well known high street brands, cutting edge restaurants, high profile charities, high growth FinTech businesses, political parties and many more.
We are looking for a strong audit and accounts senior with a practice background. You will work closely alongside the audit and compliance managers and partners to undertake year-end accounts preparation, statutory audit work and deliver any adhoc advisory work to a varied client base ranging from Sole Traders to multi-national PLC’s.
The successful applicant will have the autonomy to shape their own career within a tight-knit, non-traditional, start-up type environment, but with the support and guidance of the wider Audit and Compliance team.
You will relish the opportunity to deliver a world class service to a varied portfolio of clients will enjoy acting as a mentor and coach to a small, dedicated team of trainees, semi-senior and newly qualified staff.
- Complete audits from planning and testing to closure
- Complete year-end accounts for Sole Traders, Partnerships and Limited Companies
- Assist in the training and development of junior staff members through mentoring, coaching and providing technical guidance
- Review the work of junior staff members and ensure that review points are clearly fed back
- Contribute to weekly team meetings to discuss client deadlines, workload/planner and billing targets.
- Attend client meetings, building excellent working relationships and actively highlighting any cross-selling opportunities for the wider Sedulo group
- Assist with the ongoing review and improvement of internal processes and procedures
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Qualified in either ACCA or ACA or be QBE with experience within a practice environment where main duties have related to statutory year end accounts and/or audit
- Excellent communicator at all levels
- Confident in working with clients at all levels and experience in building strong client relationships
- Organised, efficient and a genuine interest and willingness to make a positive contribution
- A strong desire to coach and develop team members
- Flexible and proactive approach to work and the ability to work under pressure
What we offer
- A company mantra of having fun together, getting results together and giving back together
- A bespoke training and development plan with the opportunity to expand and diversify your skills
- 26 days holiday, company pension scheme, health care plan, cycle to work scheme, death in service benefits and access to our in house Wealth Planning and Mortgage departments
- Smart working and agile working hours including the ability to work remotely for up to 20% of your contracted time
- Ability to work away from home remotely for up to 4 weeks per year, great for extending a trip to see family or making the most of warmer climates
- All expenses paid annual social trip overseas