Senior M&A Director
At Kerry we are guided by our purpose - helping customers make better food, in a better way for a better future. We inspire food by helping create better tasting, more authentic and nutritious food and beverages.
Kerry employees are problem solvers. We seek innovative ideas to drive business growth and create new opportunities to nourish the planet's growing population through responsible, sustainable, and ethical practices.
Our expertise and offerings now include the customisation and production of ingredients, flavours and technologies across the food, beverage, and pharmaceutical industry.
All day, every day, we draw on our values of commitment, teamwork, excellence, entrepreneurship, and value creation as we partner with other industry leaders to bring better food, beverage, and pharma products to consumers around the world.
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior M&A Director to join our team. This role will contribute to the Kerry Growth strategy by identifying, evaluating, and delivering key M&A strategic initiatives. The Senior M&A Director will use best practice to ensure successful execution of M&A transactions into the Kerry business and will continuously review the market/opportunities and provide insight and direction to align our M&A strategy with business priorities. This role will report into the Chief Strategy Officer at Kerry Group.
- Lead the detailed business valuation assessments and evaluation using Kerry methodology in order to provide recommendation on future M&A transactions
- Manage core process of Evaluation, Transaction Management and Integration of acquisitions and disposals.
- Lead Acquisition processes, including management and coordination of all aspects of transaction management and due diligence.
- Responsible to project manage a team of professionals in all aspects of due diligence activities.
- Support and ensure accurate preparation detailed financial projections including income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow.
- Manage structuring and restructuring of potential M&A targets.
- Professionally interact with multiple internal functions and key external stakeholders, providing guidance, support, and management of resources appropriately.
- Responsible for managing the strategic planning process with Business leadership on M&A strategy, deal flow and acquisition candidate assessments.
- Prepare and present investment proposals to Executive, Board and Business leadership
- Lead and develop talent pipeline within M&A.
- 8-10 years of finance/accounting experience in a similar role in practice / industry Corporate background or strong background in equity or banking capacity.
- Ideally have an international Accounting Qualification / MBA
- Significant experience and track record in managing M&A transaction – Working deals from ideation through to close and hand off to BU for integration.
- The ability to partner with Business Leadership to build an M&A strategy and execute against the strategy objectives.
- Divestiture Experience from strategy to disposal.
- A strong understanding of the principles of accounting and taxation.
- Experience in navigating the Banking and Commercial Channels.
- A strong understanding of and experience in evaluating legal contracts.
- The Deal Making skill sets – Analytics/deal modelling and structures/all comparison evaluations.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
- Analytical skills combined with demonstrable project management skills and advanced financial modelling skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactive with drive and determination and ability to work on his/her own initiative
- Ability to prioritise, work to tight deadlines to ensure that all requirements are met in a timely and accurate manner.
- Creative, energetic, action orientation; strong critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making skills
Kerry Values: Inclusiveness
Kerry Values: Enterprising Spirit
Kerry Values: Courage
Kerry Values: Open Mindedness
Kerry Values: Ownership
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.