Analyst - Group Treasury
The Finance & Accounting Division is made up of a number of core finance teams both at business unit and Group level. We perform a key management and control function in ensuring all Group financial and management reporting processes are appropriately governed. The Finance Division has overall responsibility for driving the Group budgeting and forecasting process, developing Group-focused financial insight and analysis and delivering the Group's statutory, regulatory and external reporting. We do this through collaborative business partnering in each of the Divisions and with centralised Finance shared / specialist services.
Description of business unit:
Group Treasury (GT) is part of the Group Finance division with responsibility for providing top-down control with respect to funding, liquidity, capital and structural market risk, ensuring a coordinated approach to balance sheet management to support the Group's growth ambitions.
GT is also responsible for recovery and resolution planning and works closely with Group functions (Risk, Strategy, Legal and Investor Relations) on policy, risk management, strategy development and monitoring.
GT supports the Group purpose of enabling customers, colleagues and communities to thrive, in particular, by;
- Helping colleagues navigate in financial markets.
- Facilitating growth in sustainable profits by optimising the Group balance sheet.
Purpose of the Role
This role sits within the Structural Balance Sheet team in Group Treasury which is responsible for management of the Group's structural balance sheet risk positions, oversight and implementation of transfer pricing, annual delivery of the Group's ILAAP, management of the Group's behavioural models and treasury activities of BOIMB and Retail Ireland.
The role has exposure to and opportunities to learn across all of these areas and in particular is a key support for;
- management of the Group's structural positions including 'free funds' and the GBP currency mismatch
- management of the Group's behavioural cashflow models and
- the delivery of the Group's ILAAP.
- Support proactive management of the Group's structural market risks, in particular, production and enhancement of MI used for free funds management and ongoing management and monitoring of the Group's currency mismatches.
- Support the management of the Group's behavioural cashflow models, notably, develop understanding of how the behavioural models forecast outflows and engage with relevant business units in the management and enhancement of the models.
- Part of a team with responsibility for delivery of the Group's ILAAP to the ECB, including;
- Liaising with business units and stakeholders on various inputs to ILAAP,
- Calculating liquidity outflows via the Liquidity Stress Testing (LST) tool,
- Management of tight submission timelines
- Provide cover for daily treasury management activities associated with Retail RoI divisional balance sheet and BOIMB
- Support on-going engagement with and nurture relationships with key stakeholders including Group Centre Finance, GP&A, GMLR, C&M and other business units.
- Ensure all processes and controls are implemented and maintained to the required high standard. Ensure procedures and SLA's are maintained for all treasury processes and updated regularly as required.
- Act as an ambassador for Group Treasury at all times by building a positive image of the unit as a whole, setting role model standards for team colleagues.
- Work collaboratively with the wider Group Treasury team and assist ad-hoc projects as they arise.
This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious individual to join a dynamic team in the management of the Group's balance sheet, and to support the Group in delivering its strategic objectives. The successful candidate will report directly to the Head of Group Structural Balance sheet and will gain experience across all aspects of treasury, including the opportunity to engage with and influence senior colleagues.
Working at Bank of Ireland doesn't have to mean working in an office to have an impact. Our commitment to enabling colleagues to thrive means that depending on role type you can have choice and flexibility in where you work and live, subject to your role, customer needs and our requirements. We have a hybrid working model with home and office based options available. We will always list a primary location which can be where you go for in person collaboration, and a location where you can best perform your role.
Please note you must live in the jurisdiction for the business to which you are contracted.
This job can be done anywhere in ROI with the primary office location as Dublin to which travel will be required for in person collaboration. Exact frequency to be agreed with manager.
- Candidate must hold a relevant third-level qualification and/or accounting qualification
Essential Skills & Experience
- Technical understanding of the Group's balance sheet, treasury management and financial markets.
- Knowledge of the operations and strategies of the various businesses and divisions of the group including their interactions and business drivers.
- Excellent numeric ability and Excel skills and ability to deliver to tight time deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to positively influence and work collaboratively with key stakeholders.
- Strong exemplar of Group values of customer centricity, accountability, agility and commitment to working as one team across the Group.
- Accountable - Self
- Manage Risk - Self
- Agile - Self
- Champion Transformation - Self
- One Group, one team - Self
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.