We are currently recruiting for an Outsourcing Controller to join our Kreston Reeves team in Discovery Park.
Kreston Reeves advise dynamic businesses, not for profit organisations, private individuals, and families on all areas of business, tax, and wealth. We help clients make confident decisions about their future.
With offices across London, Kent and Sussex and international reach via Kreston International, we are dedicated to meeting and exceeding the needs of all our clients wherever their ambition takes them.
We provide a full range of accountancy, business advisory and financial services that will help clients to achieve their personal and business goals.
We are looking for a trusted and valid member of staff to join the current team.
You will be required to process and maintain client records, with preparation of VAT returns and assistance in the preparation of management accounts and analytical reviews. Work in a team to deliver on client needs and ensure all processing is complete on time and accurate. Continually review controls in place, to ensure services are delivered to an exceptional level.
The objectives of the role
- Review outsourcing and accounts work prepared by junior team members.
- Maintain client relationships.
- Meet/Communicate with external client Finance Controllers/Directors.
- Monitor deadlines to ensure compliance and Service Level Agreements met.
- Review VAT returns and escalate where more complex.
- Review management accounts produced by controllers/assistants.
- Prepare and review year end statutory accounts.
- Forecasts, budgets and cash flow preparation, analysis and review.
- Liaising with, and working closely with, other client service accounts teams and direct communication with clients.
- Supervise a team of junior staff working on your client assignments.
- Work with the Partner/Managers in setting up the outsourcing engagement and ensuring seamless set up.
- Build & maintain adequate knowledge within the team of all main bookkeeping software packages.
- Lead set up of new Outsourcing client to ensure maximum efficiencies gained including the use of offshoring and cloud based apps.
- To be proactive in a problem-solving environment and resolve internal and external issues in a confident and meticulous manner.
- To support the Outsourcing Manager group in business development and external training opportunities.
- To liaise very closely with clients, to build up an excellent rapport with them and earn their trust and confidence.
- To quickly understand the ever-changing needs of clients and to put in place best practices to assist in implementing these changes.
- To monitor client deadlines and ensure none are missed due to any KR delay.
- To train, develop and enhance junior members of staff and recognise their potential.
- To identify specific training needs for the team and highlight to the Manager to progress.
- To plan staff workloads and ensure all deadlines are met.
- To work closely with the firms Partners to service and maintain relationships with the portfolio of work.
- To undertake networking and business development.
- Potential to be able to supervise a client fee load of £200,000 plus.
- To support the Outsourcing Manager group in the budgeting process.
- To have experience in supervising and training junior staff.
- Demonstrate the ability to look at “the bigger picture” and to call upon experience in decision making.
- A willingness to learn and “can do” attitude.
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified or a recognised accountancy qualification preferred.
- Experience using cloud accounting software such as Xero and QuickBooks Online
Kreston Reeves will not accept CVs unless The Recruitment Team has instructed you to work on a position.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.
Unfortunately we are unable to provide any form of visa sponsorship, so candidates must be an EU citizen or possess a current UK Tier 1 Visa and be eligible to take up full time, permanent employment.
EU candidates must also demonstrate they are eligible to take up UK employment post-Brexit.