Manager, Global Accounting Operations (Funding, Recon, US GAAP, IFRS)
- Officer in this role will be responsible for period close activities for the designated Tower and Business Unit/Entity.These activities encompass manual journal entries, review and clearing of suspense /intercompany breaks and analysis of balances to ensure accuracy of manual entries.
- Preparation of management reports and submission of data for various Regulatory and Financial Reports
- Investigation, monitoring and clearing of open reconciling items/exceptions in the Balance Sheet Reconciliations working with various Accounting Towers and Joint Venture.
- Identify risks/opportunities to improve processes and enhance controls. Actively support various process improvement initiatives.
Business as Usual (BAU) Activities:
- Responsible for processing and review of manual journal entries for the designated Tower and BU/Entity during month close.
- Provide oversight and SME support to GAO Production Hub in Coimbatore and Chennai to ensure timely and accurate month close.
- Preparation of various reports which includes providing inputs for quarterly/six monthly/annual Regulatory and Financial reporting.
- Investigate, clear and monitor all outstanding exceptions reported as part of Balance Sheet Substantiation.
- Timely escalation and reporting of issues to Line managers and Global Process Owners Support various audits and ensure all information requests are provided in a timely manner
- Ensure all agreed timelines and accuracy standards for the assigned processes are met.
- Prepare and maintain process documentation and standard operating procedures.
- Establish strong working relationships with key stakeholders, own and proactively manage key relationships.
Process Re-Engineering, Automation and Change Management:
- Actively drive continuous process improvement leveraging GAO ideation and maintain tracking frameworks.
- Partners with Account Processing Owners and BSS Towers to drive process and controls improvements and process automation aiming at reducing the exceptions and improving quality of reconciliations
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor/master’s degree in finance or MBA
- 6-8 years of progressive experience in Balance Sheet Substantiation, Accounting Operations, Controllers, Business Controls, Finance & Risk Assurance.
- Experience in Balance sheet reconciliations process in a Shared Services environment a plus
- Experience and knowledge of the US GAAP and IFRS accounting standards
- Hands on experience in creating and maintaining strong controls environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, Visio),
- Knowledge of Hyperion Essbase, Oracle Financials a plus
- Pride of ownership with the ability to deliver high quality results timely
- Strong attention to details
- Problem solving skill
- Highly organized with ability to multi-task and work under high pressure deadlines
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Mandatory working knowledge and modelling skills in PowerBi , with additional Tableau/ Knime as optional skills.