Vice President - Project Management
State Street Corporation is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors including investment servicing, investment management and investment research and trading. With $36.64 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $3.15 trillion in assets under management as of September 30, 2020, State Street operates globally in more than 100 geographic markets and employs 38,979 worldwide. In addition, State Street has consolidated total assets of $272.08 billion, consolidated total deposits of $197.51 billion, and consolidated total shareholders' equity of $25.56 billion.
Job Description – Roles and Responsibilities (VP)
- This role is responsible to manage and execute a critical program and all associated transitions.
- It requires deep transition management experience as well as program planning and management experience.
- Responsible for the management of significant-high visibility & large - scale initiatives (e.g., strategic change management) including working on multi-disciplinary projects and demonstrate a broad knowledge of the firm and its key functions.
- It is expected to ensure and demonstrate tremendous discipline in the transition planning and transition governance process.
- It also owns all aspects of transition reporting across various stakeholders. Also, maintain control of all transitions-related data, create management reporting for consumption across levels and for driving the transitions forward.
- Transforms transitions data into analytical insight resulting in impactful actions and outcomes
- Identify, communicate and resolve thematic issues.
- Identify delays, fix accountabilities and proactively communicate with all stakeholders to drive the execution plan.
- Ability to deep dive where needed, perform detailed analysis, out of the box thinking and solution orientation.
- Exceptional organizational skills with emphasis on prioritizations. Excellent communication skills written and verbal.
- Hold various stakeholders accountable and escalate delays in a timely manner. Also continuously find alternate ways of driving resolution.
- Maintain required stakeholder communication at all times through various channels.
- Responsible for providing strategic consulting view around transitions in an effort to ensure all transfer decisions are in line with the business strategy.
- Collaborate with wide range of senior stakeholders to improve pace of delivery and quality of execution by increasing efficiency through digitization and adoption of transformative technologies.
- Strong management skills who can lead a team in all aspects of transitions, data analysis and business intelligence reporting.
- Strong knowledge of custody and accounting operations and state street-wide systems & processes will be useful
- Report status on assigned program/ project workstream as per defined frequency to ensure alignment of goals and activities across work streams and initiatives
- Research, create, and compile materials needed for effective discussion and planning; Support and maintain tools and templates used in the reporting function.
- Manage logistics of initiative (e.g. meeting and schedule coordination, documentation including agendas, minutes, dashboards and executive reporting maintenance).
- Collaborate with departments to ensure completion of all required transition documentation, check lists, training, reporting and go-live management
- Ensure the global transition framework is followed with strict tollgate adherence
- Identify, report and mitigate transition risks, issues and critical barriers
- Ensure all tasks are completed according to State Street standards, procedures and policies
- Perform other duties as required
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.