Client Service - Officer
Who we are looking for
The AMS Client Service Officer position is a management role responsible for a team of client service representatives providing both relationship management and daily operational support to our asset manager clients. AMS Officer’s are also responsible for their team’s work allocation and oversight, process improvement strategies, training of new staff, problem resolution, and serve as an escalation point for external and internal clients.
What you will be responsible for
- Responsible for managing multiple external client / investment manager relationships.
- Responsible for the day to day management and successful oversight of the long-term relationships of assigned accounts.
- Responsible for managing a team(s) of client service representatives.
- Responsible for strategic aspects of maintaining and growing long-term client relationships.
- Ensures superior client satisfaction by acting as an advocate for clients and ensuring client issues are satisfactorily resolved.
- Proactive identification of client needs and potential internal issues impacting client satisfaction.
- Works closely with internal teams and clients to drive execution of initiatives.
- Facilitates communication between Client Service Operations & other business units to ensure an effective operating environment. Works with senior management keeping them informed of new developments, service issues, and new business opportunities.
- May be responsible for client retention and revenue expansion through existing services and cross sell.
- Provides project management support for client related initiatives.
- Acts as a liaison between business units to ensure successful implementation of service deliverables are being provided to the clients and the team.
- Manages internal and client expectations.
- Manages conversion and new client relationships with minimal input/contact from VP or SVP.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- BS/BA degree required. MBA desirable
- Must have a minimum of 5-7 years of related experience, preferably in financial services industry.
- Experience in relationship management, strong verbal and written communications skills, and some experience with presentations a must.
- Must possess leadership and management skills.
- Knowledge of computer systems, financial operations and/or mutual fund and related industries a plus.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
In compliance with the U.S. federal government Executive Order 14042, State Street requires vaccination against COVID-19 as a condition of employment in the United States. If you accept this position, you will be required to substantiate that you are vaccinated, or that you are legally entitled to a religious or medical exemption.
COVID-19 Protocols: Complying with State Street’s COVID-19 protocols is a condition of employment. Those requirements may vary depending on circumstances and legal requirements, and may include, without limitation, a requirement to be vaccinated (or have an accommodation), to disclose vaccination status, to provide evidence of vaccination status, etc.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.