Asset Owners Private Markets Product, Assistant Vice President
Who we are looking for
The Asset Owners Private Markets Product Manager, Assistant Vice President, is responsible for supporting product and business development efforts for our global asset owner private markets business. The candidate will engage with clients and prospects, external vendors, and internal service teams, marketing, and sales staff. They should possess a solid foundation of private market investments and performance to help respond to request for proposals (RFPs), present our capabilities to new and existing clients and create proformas on new business opportunities. The candidate will also ensure all marketing collateral is current, support thought leadership, and perform competitive analysis of our overall offering.
Why this role is important to us
State Street is making a multi-year strategic investment in Private Markets. The first phase of our strategy was the acquisition of Mercatus which enabled and the launch of Alpha for Private Markets, which is a unique front-to-back technology and service offering built for private markets managers and allocators across the multiple sub-segments. State Street will continue to invest in our Alpha for Private Markets platform to deliver scale, automation and data insights; this role is responsible for managing the development priorities and creating a scalable playbook for execution of our current and new clients onto the platform
What you will be responsible for
As Asset Owners Private Markets Product, Assistant Vice President you will
- Develop compelling sales decks for sales engagements and workshops
- Maintain sales collateral including all slide decks, product sheets and demo environments
- Generate content for client facing newsletters and thought leadership
- Answer and respond to RFPs
- Manage RFP content database
- Build and maintain vendor relationships, support vendor management process, revenue and expense reporting
- Create proformas on new client opportunities and cross-sell initiatives
- Designing and documenting potential client solutions for delivery of new client requirements through the standard processes and platforms
- Progress new business approvals for new product offerings or jurisdictional expansions
- Work with SME’s inside and outside the organization to create thought-leadership content such as webinars and newsletter articles.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- BA/BS in finance, accounting, or a related discipline - MBA, CFA, or CIPM is a plus
- 10+ years of experience working in Alternative Investments.
- Proven expertise in performance measurement for Private Market Investments
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong communication skills, detailed oriented, ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Flexibility and ability to handle multiple priorities
- Computer skills necessary: Microsoft Office, with high proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint; Salesforce
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
COVID-19 Protocols: Complying with State Street’s COVID-19 protocols is a condition of employment. Those requirements may vary depending on circumstances and legal requirements, and may include, without limitation, a requirement to be vaccinated (or have an accommodation), to disclose vaccination status, to provide evidence of vaccination status, etc.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.