Fund Accounting & Administration - Sr. Associate
State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is one of the world's leading providers of financial services to institutional investors, including investment servicing, investment management and investment research and trading. With $33.99 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.81 trillion* in assets under management as of September 30, 2018, State Street operates in more than 100 geographic markets worldwide, including the US, Canada, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. For more information, visit State Street’s website at www.statestreet.com.
*This figure is presented as of September 30, 2018 and includes approximately $28 billion of assets with respect to SPDR products for which State Street Global Advisors Funds Distributors, LLC (SSGA FD) acts solely as the marketing agent. SSGA FD and State Street Global Advisors are affiliated. Business Line Information
Please mention any unique selling points of the role/department in this space
Purpose of Role: (Summaries the job’s intent and why it exists, in one or two sentences) Confirm department/teams the role will interact with on a day to day basis
The main function of the role is: Work in conjunction with individuals on the team as well as other Shared Services/COEs, outsource partners, Client Operations, other business units as needed to ensure seamless processing according to the fund’s policies, to ensure NAV/yield accuracy and that all SLAs are met.
Major Responsibilities: (Identify 5-8 major responsibilities performed by the job. Include the approximate percentage of time performing each responsibility during a typical week/month. If the percentage of time performing a function is less than 5%, that function should not be listed)
- Validate and review all daily activity while maintaining all required controls
- Calculate and process fund and account activities, e.g. supporting NAV, SEC yields, cash movements, distributions, corporate actions, bank loans, processed transactions, etc. and prepares proofs as needed
- Support the review and validation of data as needed, e.g. fund Net Asset Values, etc. as well as distribute information to Shared Services and Client Operations teams
- Research and resolve exceptions, reconciliations, incorrect transactions and issues
- Receive and resolve inquiries in a timely and accurate manner and communicates effectively with clients when necessary
- Escalate unresolved issues to management as required
- Maintain appropriate records of daily and monthly activities
- Fund Accounting
- Capstock Processing
- Updating SOPs and Risk & Control measures
- Reviewing and mentoring junior team members
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.