Senior Auditor II
We have an exciting opportunity to join the BNY Mellon Internal Audit Team.
The Internal Audit mission is to contribute to the effectiveness of the Company's internal controls by providing independent, risk-based assurance reviews designed to identify control risks, risk mitigants, control gaps, and opportunities to improve efficiency. The BNY Mellon Internal Audit function has a number of locations internationally across the US, EMEA and APAC regions. Key locations within EMEA include the UK, Belgium, Poland, Ireland, Germany, and Luxembourg. This opportunity is for a Senior Auditor II and will have the flexibility to be based in either Manchester, Liverpool, Poole or Edinburgh.
- Participate in delivering complex and challenging audit assignments
- Lead or participate in the end-to-end planning, fieldwork and reporting of audit assignments - this will require consideration of complex, judgmental business processes and decisions
- Identify meaningful issues impacting business and operations under review, challenging management to develop appropriate remedial action to address the issues identified.
- Prepare draft audit reports
- Follow-up of audit actions and where necessary testing their implementation.
- Build and proactively manage relationships with key stakeholders and participate in Continuous Monitoring activities.
- Contributes to the development of the annual audit plan
- Maintain up to date knowledge of industry best practice and regulatory requirements
- Carry out other ad-hoc tasks and projects as directed by audit senior management
- Perform follow-up procedures on Internal Audit observations to ensure corrective actions have been appropriately implemented
- Represents Internal Audit on projects and at management meetings/committees
Experience and knowledge:
- 5-7 years relevant experience working in financial services or banking, within Third Line Internal Audit or Second Line Risk or Compliance Monitoring
- Proven track record in leading and delivering risk based projects
- Good understanding knowledge of audit methodologies
- Good knowledge of UK and EU regulation and key areas of regulatory focus from the FCA/PRA /EBA
- Proven record of strong communication skills and influencing skills.
- Confident in written and verbal communicating with stakeholders both internal and
- Strong knowledge and use of Excel and other Microsoft software – PowerPoint, Word, Visio
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent professional experience and have completed a recognised relevant post-graduate qualification (e.g. CIA, CMIIA, ACA, ACCA), but not essential
- Self-starter with a high degree of self-sufficiency
- Excellent planning, co-ordination, organisation, and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, also with colleagues remotely.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and adaptable to change
- Strong analytical skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Skill in negotiating issues and resolving problems.
- Excellent organisational skills.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.