Team Lead, Fund Accounting (Limerick)
About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- The primary responsibility of the Team Leader is to supervise and support a team of Analysts and Accountants within the Fund Accounting team.
- You will report to the Team Manager and assist with workflow distribution and maximizing the effectiveness of the team.
- Organizes the work of the team, assigns tasks, sets short-term priorities, monitors all activities and ensures timely and accurate completion of the work.
- Conducts performance management and career development processes, and staffing and disciplinary actions.
- Responsible for work flow distribution and the effective use of resources within the team.
- Responsible for ensuring accurate completion of NAVs.
- Prepares financial statements and reports for a designated group of funds.
- Monitors monthly reporting for onward transmission to the Trustees and ensures accuracy of reports prepared for regulatory agencies.
- Provides on the job technical training and coaching for all team members and brief staff regularly on issues relating to work carried out by the team and new initiatives.
- Ensure all procedures are kept up to date and are adhered to on a daily basis.
- Generate process and system enhancement ideas and co-ordinate the introduction of these changes with supporting documented procedures.
- Previous fund accounting experience or relevant operational/accounting experience preferred
- Supervisory experience is desirable
- Leadership and organizational skills are needed to prioritize assignments and provide feedback to staff
- Ability to set priorities and manage deadlines, escalating issues where necessary
- Detailed Knowledge of Enterprise and related Fund Accounting applications preferred
- Experience with vendors an advantage (Bloomberg, Reuters etc)
- Strong communication, first class presentation and internal and external client-servicing skills.
- Evidence of successful negotiation skills
- Client service orientation
- Demonstrates willingness to help others outside team
- Good prioritisation and multi-tasking skills
- Strong problem solving skills
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.