Senior - National Tax - Digital Tax Administration Services
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
National Tax – Digital Tax Administration – Government Services – Senior
EY’s Digital Tax Administration Services Government Services (DTAGS) practice is focused on helping tax and revenue authorities achieve sustainable processes in the new digital tax administration world. Our practice is a global network of resources in all major markets, with leaders in the Americas, EMEIA and Asia-Pacific regions. We have a unique and dedicated team of global resources which allows us to bring dynamic digital tax solutions to our clients. The common denominator built into all aspects of DTAGS –is our multidimensional approach to project delivery. We blend technology, process, data, organization, and tax technical resources to meet the needs of our clients. This blend of experienced resources brings leading practices to the tax authorities, which is unparalleled in the market. DTAGS offers the following services:
- Process and technology assessments
- Technology and systems implementations
- Modernization program risk support
- Digital / real-time reporting
- Agency transformation
- Tax analytics and reporting
- Digital tax transformation
This is an area that has seen plenty of recent growth and investment – and you will see that reflected in your career. It is no exaggeration to say that you will be working on highly publicized projects. The field of taxation is constantly changing as new laws, regulations and technologies are created, and this is your opportunity to be part of that development.
Depending on your unique skills and ambitions, you could be supporting various client projects, from assisting in the production of leading practice MS SQL Server, SharePoint and MS Power BI solutions, to implementing third-party tax applications, to supporting and automating internal and external operations of tax administrations. Whatever you find yourself doing, you will contribute and help toward developing a highly trained team, all the while handling activities with a focus on quality and commercial value. This is a highly regulated industry, so it is all about maintaining our reputation as trusted advisors by taking on bold initiatives and owning new challenges.
Skills and attributes for success
- Taking ownership of assigned tasks and monitoring them until completion, including documenting requirements, configuration, testing, debugging, project profitability, and tax systems and process configuration
- Identifying ways to automate manual tasks using existing financial or tax systems and emerging technologies
- Consolidating tax data to make analysis and planning more efficient
- Improving reporting capabilities to enhance our clients’ ability to evaluate risk and capitalize on opportunities
- Supporting project team members in any way needed to help ensure timely completion of deliverables
To qualify for the role, you must have
- A bachelor’s degree in Information Systems and/or a master’s degree in Accounting, Tax Technology, Management Information Systems, or Computer Science or related field and a minimum of three years of related work experience
- Approved technical certification, CPA license or membership to a state Bar or progress to attaining those mentioned
- A strong interest in technology and its use in business processes
- Excellent communication and business writing skills
- A natural flair for problem solving and an entrepreneurial approach to work
- Strong organizational and time management skills, with exceptional client-serving consulting skills
- Demonstrated ability to capture and synthesize business requirements
- Desire and demonstrated ability to provide leadership within a team
Ideally, you will also have at least one of the following
- Experience implementing third-party solutions
- Microsoft Office VBA development
- Microsoft Power BI suite, including Power Pivot, Power Query, Power View and Power Map
- Knowledge and experience in the design and development of databases (specifically SQL Server)
- Experience with developing ETL solutions using SSIS or other tools
- ERP experience, including SAP and/or Oracle
- SharePoint development
- Experience managing large, multidisciplinary projects that impact tax (e.g., ERP implementations, tax co-sourcing engagements, finance transformations)
- Experience in tax function, transformation and automation
- Experience in Unemployment Insurance systems or revenue and billing management solutions
- Experience in software testing and quality assurance
We are looking for knowledgeable technical professionals with an excellent general knowledge of government agency operations. You will need excellent business acumen and a firm strategic vision, so if you are ready to use those skills to develop your team, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EY’s Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.