Trading Fee Controller
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.
- Work in the Finance department of one of the world's top tier Financial Institutions and gain first-hand insight into the business
- Open minded and welcoming environment, where your ideas are taken seriously
- Continued professional development based on your career interests
- The ability to grow and shape your own career
- Contingent/Leased assignment working onsite at Morgan Stanley
- Contract via a third-party agency
- Month-end close activities (accruals, allocations, variance analysis)
- Active and regular communication with counterparts (Broker companies)
- Interact with internal controllers, operations and traders to resolve any trade related issues
- Provide detailed analyses on monthly, quarterly and yearly expense variances, define main drivers and support Business Unit monthly reporting
- Respond to ad-hoc reporting requests to Business Units to support decision making and advise on client requests
- Bachelor's degree in Finance/Accounting or related fields
- Interest in banking and financial markets
- Understanding of financial products and accounting principles
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Strong communication skills - ability to communicate effectively across all levels
- Strong analytical and technical skills, proficient use of MS Office especially Excel
- Self-confident, a person who takes initiatives, persuasive to gather information
- Experience in reporting from SAP Business Objects or SAP Crystal Reports is an advantage
- Database experience (Sybase, SQL, VBA) is an advantage
The Budapest Trading Fees Controlling team, within the Finance department, is responsible for expense management and control for trading related fees, communication with exchange and clearing houses and Morgan Stanley Finance Controller groups; month end close tasks, variance and trend analysis, GL account reconciliation, invoice reconciliation and payment, and delivering on ad hoc requests from Finance management and Business Units.
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services.
Throughout your contingent/leased assignment working onsite at Morgan Stanley, you will be exposed to a truly international and multi-cultural environment that appreciates and respects individuality. Our state-of-the-art offices in the City Centre have been designed to maximize collaboration.
At Morgan Stanley Budapest, we are helping to shape the future of our global business and contributing to our local community. Our team works across numerous areas, including Technology, Mathematical Modeling, Finance, Risk Management and Data & Analytics.
Interested in flexible working opportunities?
Please speak to our recruitment team to find out if a flexible working agreement can be supported within this contingent/leased assignment.
Whilst engaged on a contingent assignment onsite at Morgan Stanley you will be provided with a supportive and inclusive environment. Morgan Stanley’s skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.