Accounting Technical Support (UK expertise)
The Risk, Compliance and Professional Standards (RCPS) department in Grant Thornton Ireland provides internal firm support services to all offices in Ireland in many specialist areas as follows:
- Client acceptance and continuance;
- Legal and data protection;
- Audit methodology and accounting technical support;
- Quality and risk management; and
- Insolvency compliance;
The RCPS team provide strategic, innovative, creative and most importantly quality services and solutions to enable our people every day to give the best external client service. The RCPS team promotes and monitors compliance with applicable auditing and accounting standards, external laws and regulations as well as internal policies and procedures to help manage Grant Thornton’s regulatory, litigation and reputational risk.
Due to continued growth and increased divergence between Irish and UK auditing and accounting standards post Brexit, RCPS are now recruiting for a Technical Support team member with knowledge or experience working in a UK environment. This is an excellent opportunity to develop your accounting, financial reporting and auditing knowledge across jurisdictions in a supporting role, that enables great development; both personally and professionally. Working within the RCPS Accounting Technical team, you will be responsible for providing support to audit teams in relation to international group entities and other projects as required. This is an ideal opportunity to grow your accounting and legislative knowledge, increase your experience of the wider role of financial reporting and auditing across jurisdictions as standards develop, and to work in a highly visible internal role in the firm as it progresses and grows.
Roles and responsibilities include:
- assisting with the provision of technical support to staff in areas such as UK/Irish GAAP (FRS 101/102/105), UK adopted IAS, UK Company legislation and regulations and UK auditing standards, when queries arise;
- completion of detailed hot/cold reviews on UK GAAP and UK adopted IAS financial statements in accordance with firm policy, including audit reports, for technical accuracy and compliance with relevant legislation, regulations and financial reporting and auditing standards to continue to improve the quality of financial statements produced;
- developing and updating guidance for Audit & Assurance teams on technical matters as standards and legislation develops;
- maintaining and managing accounting technical support tools and licences;
- assistance with the organisation, development of content and the delivery of technical update training;
- provide ad-hoc technical support to other departments, other GT member firms and clients where required;
- provide assistance to risk and compliance functions as and when required, to include preparation for regulatory reviews and assistance with regulatory returns; and
- work on one-off and recurring projects as and when required.
Required skills and attributes include:
- ACA/ACCA (or equivalent) qualified;
- strong technical accounting skills and an interest in UK/Irish GAAP, UK adopted IAS, UK Company legislation and regulations;
- experience in UK Financial Reporting or Auditing, either directly through practice or exposure to financial statement and annual report delivery or internal audit in industry;
- understanding of regulatory requirements related to clients located in UK or in Crown Dependencies or British Overseas Territories is an advantage
- good work ethic, proactive attitude to issue resolution, delivering quality excellence, managing deadlines and being comfortable working as part of a team
- must be highly motivated with an ability to take ownership for themselves and eager to learn;
- excellent attention to detail;
- strong communication (both verbal and written) and presentation skills; and
- excellent team player.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.