Fund Accounting & Administration - Senior Manager
State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) is one of the world's leading providers of financial services to institutional investors, including investment servicing, investment management and investment research and trading. With $33.99 trillion in assets under custody and administration and $2.81 trillion* in assets under management as of September 30, 2018, State Street operates in more than 100 geographic markets worldwide, including the US, Canada, Europe, the Middle East and Asia. For more information, visit State Street’s website at www.statestreet.com.
*This figure is presented as of September 30, 2018 and includes approximately $28 billion of assets with respect to SPDR products for which State Street Global Advisors Funds Distributors, LLC (SSGA FD) acts solely as the marketing agent. SSGA FD and State Street Global Advisors are affiliated.
Purpose of Role:
The main function of the role is: Account for the day-to-day management of a functional/oversight team(s) and manage daily service delivery and production activities performed by staff. Work in conjunction with individuals on the team as well as other Shared Service teams/COE’s, outsource locations, Client Operations and other business units to ensure seamless processing according to the fund’s policies, to ensure NAV/yield accuracy and that all SLAs are met. As well as, Work collaboratively with teams and management across the organization on various projects, oversight, committees, KPIs, etc.
- Oversees the activities of staff by working closely with direct reports.
- Manages the day-to-day activities and controls to ensure consistency of policies adherence to procedures.
- Manages and facilitates timely resolution of issues.
- Proposes and works to implement workflow changes and supporting technical solutions leading to improved productivity and profitability.
- Keeps abreast of regulatory compliance and developments for the assigned area and apprises staff as necessary.
- Identifies and analyzes operations risks related to current and potential business and recommends procedural changes and controls as needed
- Creates and uses quality service measurement tools to ensure compliance with operational standards with SLAs and SOPs and create management reporting as needed
- Coordinates and manages projects within the department and/or with BU Shared Services, COEs and Client Operations teams.
- During the course of normal day-to-day operation, responsible for identifying any unusual or potentially suspicious transaction activity and reporting and/or escalating in accordance with corporate policy and guidelines detailed in relevant operating procedures.
- Conducts periodic performance reviews; provides ongoing counsel, training, development and motivation of staff.
- Participates in the hiring, salary, promotional and termination recommendation process
- At least 7 (3-6 for Officer) years of related Custody and/or Fund Accounting experience, part of which must have been in a management or supervisory capacity. Prior relevant work experience of 8+ years.
- Knowledge of securities language and legal requirements.
- Good interpersonal, organizational and management skills.
- Solid understanding of operational functions within Custody and/or Fund Accounting. Ability to provide technical expertise to resolve daily problems.
- Demonstrated computer proficiency and working knowledge of various software applications.
- Ability to develop and enhance client relationships
- Need to flexible for Night shifts (Post 7pm login)
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.