Financial Accounting, Infrastructure & Reporting – Treasury & Chief Investment Office – Analyst
Treasury & Chief Investment Office - Analyst
The Financial Accounting, Infrastructure and Reporting (FAIR) team is accountable for the integrity of the books and records of the Firm / LOBs and leading large-scale data, infrastructure, accounting standard and business process change management events. The regional locations covered by FAIR include EMEA (Europe/Middle East/Africa), North America and Asia.
The organization closely examines the general ledger, operating systems and infrastructure controls across the entire lifecycle and diverse product scope of the investment bank to ensure the firm’s financial information is accurately depicted for reporting and regulation purposes. This financial information is used by analysts to assess the firm’s financial position; by management to make sound financial decisions; by investors to make informed decisions; and by regulators to supervise and examine the firm appropriately.
The most common functions and activities owned by FAIR include but are not limited to the following: financial analysis, consolidation, reporting, balance sheet reconciliation and substantiation, general ledger reconciliation reporting & governance, inter-entity control and governance, manual accounting/bookings to the general ledger and operating systems, and executing the month end close process.
- Work closely with line of business controllers, financial control, middle office, technology and operations
- Partner with FAIR teams globally
- Manage the consolidation of JP Morgan Chase financial data at month-end for their asset class, including the ability to support month end, quarter end, and year end activities
- Hands-on engagement in projects
- Ability to proactively identify process and/or infrastructure enhancements and work with stakeholders enact change
- Control post-closing entries and consolidation adjustments
- Perform various control procedures to ensure the integrity of reported financial results
- Enhance the overall control environment around the financial reporting function
- Mobilize change wherever possible in order to simplify processes and enhance controls
- Basic experience with a financial consolidation and reporting system (i.e. SAP interface)
- In-depth knowledge of industry standards and regulations
- 1-3 years accounting or industry experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business (or equivalent experience)
- CPA license beneficial in some FAIR roles but not required
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world’s most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team:
Our professionals in our Corporate Functions cover a diverse range of areas from finance and risk to human resources and marketing. Our corporate teams are an essential part of our company, ensuring that we’re setting our businesses, clients, customers and employees up for success.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.