Data Analyst/Scientist - Internal Audit (AVP) #198199
We offer an exciting opportunity to work with the Global Data Analytics team within Internal Audit (IA), to apply your technical skills against a wide range of problem statements across the bank. At Credit Suisse, we’re proud that Internal Audit is seen as a “compelling voice encouraging confidence in the ability of the Bank to deliver its strategy”. Our Auditors build and maintain direct and positive relationships with the Bank’s leadership. They are actively consulted for their independent advice and insights to encourage positive change. Our global Internal Audit function reflects the Bank’s entrepreneurial spirit; we’re investing in new technologies, data analytics, and the latest training techniques to ensure that both people and platforms are best in class.
In this role, the applicants will have the opportunity to work alongside auditors across a wide range of different topics, using their skills to provide impactful insights:
- Collaborate with experts in their fields to provide data analytics services to the global Internal Audit department.
- Work with data owners to capture, process and blend large volumes of data from multiple systems, and ensure the data is of sufficient quality.
- Translate audit requirements into logical steps, develop the necessary solutions, and clearly communicate useful results and recommendations.
- Investigate risks using forensic analysis, data science and modeling techniques to identify issues and root causes, and predict future incidents.
- Build and maintain automated processes and solutions that can be reused continuously by both Internal Audit and other key partners.
- Serve as an internal expert on data sources, analytics and data science techniques.
Every day an individual spends with us will be different. We are a globally distributed team from a wide variety of backgrounds with multi-disciplinary skills, which we combine to build impactful solutions and analyses for our partners. In doing so, we strive to build a collegiate atmosphere that enjoys solving complex problems via data and technology, and values partnership, agility and innovative thinking. We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm’s D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global cultural valuesThis position offers remote working opportunities for an agreed amount of days per week. Your skills and experience
We are looking for candidates with an inquisitive and innovative approach, problem solving skills and the right blend of business and technical experience along with an equivalent experience in the banking and financial services industry of at least 5 years. Specifically:
- Ability to work and communicate with all levels of an organization and multifunctional teams including business and technical staff.
- An agile approach, able to effectively manage multiple tasks and changing priorities.
- Desire and the self-motivation to learn new skills, toolsets and programming languages.
- Excellent database language skills (e.g. SQL) including ETL, data mining, interpreting results, and identifying trends.
- Experience using statistical computer languages such as R and Python to classify data and build predictive models.
- Experience in using data visualization products and technologies (e.g. Tableau).
- Experience with ETL technologies such as MS SSIS or other relevant ETL automation tools.
- Dedication to fostering an inclusive culture and value varied perspectives.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.