Record to Report VAT Analyst
The VAT Analyst is responsible for performing a diverse set of work activities included in the end-to-end Record to Report (RTR) process. In support of Kellogg’s Global Business Services strategic objectives, the VAT Associate:
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
- Manage the accurate and timely calculation of VAT, Intrastat, and EC Sales Listings, coupled with other official and statistical returns to the European Tax authorities or other regulatory/official bodies.
- Mitigate risk by performing an in-depth review of the VAT declarations. Escalate and remediate material variances between VAT, Intrastat and ESL
- Ensure and monitor that the VAT and other in scope taxes are paid on time, in order to avoid fines and penalties for late payments
- Work with local auditors and fiscal authorities to ensure all regulatory reporting queries are answered in a timely manner.
- Identify, prioritise, escalate and resolve all issues surrounding VAT.
- Prevent misstatement of VAT balances by performing timely reviews of balance sheet reconciliations. Ensure Balance sheet reconciliations are aligned with best practice guidelines.
- Keep up to date with tax rate changes and other VAT related changes for designated markets.
- Build and maintain relationships with the European Tax authorities
- Ensure that the key performance metrics on the VAT process are meeting on a monthly basis and consistently the agreed targets
- Interact with and provide VAT support for the relevant local markets and Tax teams
- Provide cash flow forecasting/budgeting support as required.
- Support implementation of improvements for process efficiency, quality and control KPIs
- Complete other responsibilities as assigned by GBS Leadership
WHAT DO I NEED TO DEMONSTRATE?
At Kellogg Company, we place a huge emphasis on recruiting the best people to help grow our business and build on our success. As well as a hunger to learn and succeed in Finance, to be considered for this position you must be able to meet the following requirements:
- University Degree in Finance or Economics
- Previous experience in finance& accounting or tax area, preferable in a shared service center or other type of multinational environment
- Language Skills:
- English/ Any 2nd language like Spanish, German, French, Italian or Nordics language is a plus
- Computer skills, including experience with system and Microsoft Office Excel and SAP Finance module
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem- solving skills
- Independent problem solving and time-management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work in a multi-task, team environment
Growing and nurturing the world starts with our employees, which is why our tailor-made career growth programmes are just what you need to set yourself for success.
With our extensive benefits package including flexible working, which enables you to take control of your work/life balance, we really have our people at the heart of our organisation.
We strive to create a world where people are not just fed but fulfilled and a workplace where everyone can voice their opinions and are empowered to be their true selves. It’s each and everyone’s unique flavour that make up Kellogg’s recipe for success and the diversity of ideas, experiences and beliefs that fuel our future ready momentum and embolden our make it happen culture.
Please note that we will only accept applications that are made to us via our Careers site. If you experience any difficulty when applying, please contact email@example.com