Deputy Lead, Sanctions Research, Screening Escalations, & Screening Oversight...
Who we are looking for
State Street operates a global Financial Crime Compliance program that is designed to meet its legal and regulatory requirements. The Sanctions Compliance team, which is led by the Global Head of Sanctions Compliance, is a key part of the Financial Crime Compliance program. The Deputy Lead, Sanctions Research, Screening Escalations & Oversight, Assistant Vice President will report to, as a member of the Sanctions Research Team, into the Head of Sanctions Research, who reports into the Global Head of Sanctions Compliance.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Deputy Lead, Sanctions Research, Screening Escalations & Oversight, you will be
- leading the analysis, advisory on, & integration of regulatory requirements into the global sanctions program
- oversight of research and provision of real-time sanctions guidance on escalated transaction screening alerts and providing timely sanctions guidance on escalated entity/name screening;
- oversight of research and provision of timely sanctions guidance on escalated business issues, new products and services, and local sanctions risk issues
- conducting ad hoc investigations and analysis in support of block/reject reports, or voluntary disclosures to OFAC, of any regulatory enquiries, and as requested
- maintaining policies and procedures in accordance with evolving regulations and industry guidance
- assisting in and/or leading the analysis/review of current processes and recommending and implementing solutions that improve processes and mitigate risk
- directing and participating in the operational and process analysis and change management activities on a global scale, including solution recommendations and implementation associated with business and compliance related activities
- serving as representative on relevant governance and working groups
- supporting response to regulatory and internal audit exam requests
- overseeing the creation of sanctions-related metrics and governance materials
- overseeing and supporting sanctions related projects and initiatives
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational, research, and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and make critical decisions within tight deadlines
- Works effectively and independently
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent business experience with focus in business, accounting, finance, criminal justice or equivalent
- 5+ years’ experience with screening operations and/or bank products and operations
- 5+ years’ experience with OFAC, EU, UN and other sanctions programs or equivalent
- Knowledge of SWIFT, ACH, International ACH, Fed Wire, CHIPS, SEPA and other transaction types
What we offer
Wide range of benefits, including:
- Prescription Drug
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Employee-Paid Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Employee-Paid Long-Term Disability
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance & Hospital Indemnity Insurance
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Short-Term Disability
- Identity Theft Protection
- Legal Benefits
- BeWell Programme
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Salary Savings Program (SSP)
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
COVID-19 Protocols: Complying with State Street’s COVID-19 protocols is a condition of employment. Those requirements may vary depending on circumstances and legal requirements, and may include, without limitation, a requirement to be vaccinated (or have an accommodation), to disclose vaccination status, to provide evidence of vaccination status, etc.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.