Liquidity Management Specialist, Officer for Global Treasury
Who we are looking for
Global Liquidity Management (GLM) is part of the Global Treasury organization with responsibility managing the firm’s liquidity risk. A primary focus of GLM is to analyze, measure, and report on the liquidity position and liquidity risk profile in order to ensure that State Street Bank and its international entities can meet all contractual and contingent financial obligations through typical market cycles as well as periods of stress. Through meaningful, timely, transparent, multidimensional and globally harmonized measures, GLM provides key stakeholders the necessary transparency and understanding of the liquidity position, its risks and how liquidity can be affected and influenced. As part of GLM, the candidate will assume an important role within the Liquidity Stress Testing Methodology team
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best. Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As Liquidity Management Specialist you will
- Support the calibration of the liquidity stress methodologies by product while effectively collaborating with the business lines, Centralized Modelling and Analytics (CMA), and other Treasury stakeholders
- Maintain and enhance the liquidity stress testing assumptions and production model, including documentation for Model Validation Group (MVG), Audit, and Recovery and Resolution Planning (RRP) submissions
- Articulate the drivers of the liquidity stress testing model to management and proactively identify future enhancements in the stress framework
- Manage coordination of corporate-wide assumptions rollout to international colleagues, while demonstrating proficiency in corporate model
- Prepare and present presentations of liquidity stress testing assumptions and results to relevant working groups and senior management
- Assist in the calibration of the liquidity risk metrics and limits, and document all assumptions, observations, and results
- Participate in the completion of ad hoc assignments in support of liquidity management
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Strong written, verbal communication and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task, manage priorities, work independently while maintaining attention to detail and meet deadlines in a demanding and deadline-oriented environment
- Ability to proactively resolve issues by working with other areas
- Must be detail-oriented, well-organized, innovative, a self-starter, and team player with a high level of initiative
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- BA/BS degree in a related field like Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Accounting or Information Systems
- At least 2-4 years of experience in the financial services industry
- Knowledge of financial markets and the banking regulatory environment with previous analytical experience
- Experience in preparing presentations for executive management and regulators
- Basic knowledge in programming or experience with collaborating with programmers, especially experience with clear definition of implementation requirements
- Advanced Excel and Power Point
- Familiarity with banking or business intelligence tools a plus (e.g., Spotfire, Cognos)
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
In compliance with the U.S. federal government Executive Order 14042, State Street requires vaccination against COVID-19 as a condition of employment in the United States. If you receive an offer and accept this position, you will be required to substantiate that you are vaccinated, or that you are legally entitled to a religious or medical exemption.
In compliance with the U.S. federal government Executive Order 14042, State Street requires vaccination against COVID-19 as a condition of employment in the United States. If you accept this position, you will be required to substantiate that you are vaccinated, or that you are legally entitled to a religious or medical exemption.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.