Anti-Money Laundering, Off
Who we are looking for
With immediate effect we are looking for Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Analyst, Officer to support Corporate Compliance Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU).
Why this role is important to us
The FIU team is responsible for centralized monitoring of transactions and investigations where potential suspicious activity is present. In this role, the AML Analyst works independently on assignments within the scope of established guidelines, practices and consults with senior staff where clarification or exception to policy may be required and provides guidance and training to less experienced staff. In this role, the analyst is expected to complete investigations both independently and occasionally in small group settings. When available, the analyst will also be required to complete complex projects and tasks. Additionally, this role will also provide support and guidance to the FIU Offshore Team located in Bangalore.
What you will be responsible for
As AML Analyst you will
- Perform alert and case adjudication
- Perform alert and case adjudication quality control
- Review Unusual Activity Forms from business units across State Street and escalate when necessary
- Prepare, track, and respond to 314(a) and 314(b) requests
- Research and compile investigation materials and draft Suspicious Activity Reports.
- Prepare Requests for Information to the business units across State Street
- Assist management in designated compliance projects and assignments on an as-needed basis
- Provide guidance to staff to ensure the timely resolution and appropriate documentation of alert and case investigations
- Train and develop new staff
- Take on additional ad hoc projects as necessary
- Assist with data compilation for internal/external audit and regulator inquiries as necessary
What we value
These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytic and organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team or independently
- Comfortable working with hard deadlines
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with focus in business, accounting, finance, or economics required
- 3+ years of relevant investigative experience in the banking, financial services, broker dealer or other related industry
- Working knowledge of banking compliance trends, rules and regulations. In the United States, this includes OFAC, FinCEN, significant knowledge of Bank Secrecy Act, KYC/CIP and AML regulations, Electronic Funds Transfer Act, as well as laws related to currency transactions
- Experience with Actimize, Quantexa and Tableau is a plus
- Professional certifications, such as ACAMS, are preferred
- Experience in AML and/or compliance preferred
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office (Excel, Word, Power Point)
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
COVID-19 Protocols: Complying with State Street’s COVID-19 protocols is a condition of employment. Those requirements may vary depending on circumstances and legal requirements, and may include, without limitation, a requirement to be vaccinated (or have an accommodation), to disclose vaccination status, to provide evidence of vaccination status, etc.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.