Head of Resolution Planning, Group Capital Management
The Finance & Accounting Division is made up of a number of core finance teams both at business unit and Group level. We perform a key management and control function in ensuring all Group financial and management reporting processes are appropriately governed. The Finance Division has overall responsibility for driving the Group budgeting and forecasting process, developing Group-focused financial insight and analysis and delivering the Group's statutory, regulatory and external reporting. We do this through collaborative business partnering in each of the Divisions and with centralised Finance shared / specialist services.
Description of business unit
Group Treasury (GT) is responsible for providing top-down control with respect to funding, liquidity, capital management and structural market risk, ensuring a co-ordinated approach to balance sheet management to support the Group's growth ambitions. Group Treasury works closely with Group functions (Finance, Risk, Strategy, Legal and Investor Relations) on policy, risk management, strategy development and monitoring.
GT supports the Group purpose of enabling customers, colleagues and communities to thrive, in particular, by;
Helping colleagues to navigate financial markets.
Facilitating growth in sustainable profits by optimising the Group balance sheet.
The dedicated Resolution Planning team, within Group Capital Management, is responsible for the management and delivery of the Group's resolution planning requirements which are set by the Single Resolution Board (SRB) and the Central Bank of Ireland (CBI) while ensuring a co-ordinated approach to engagement with the Bank of England (BOE) in respect of the Group's UK banking subsidiary Bank of Ireland (UK) plc.
Purpose of the Role
- Responsible for delivery of the Group's resolution planning activities
- Providing support to the Head of Group Capital Management to deliver Group Treasury strategic priorities
- Lead and develop Resolution Planning team as centre of expert knowledge to deliver the resolution plan to SRB/CBI requirements
- Provide effective expertise and challenge of BOI UK Resolution Planning to meet BOE requirements
- Assess impact of regulatory developments and publications by SRB/CBI including assessment of interlinkages between recovery and resolution plans with the Head of Group Recovery Planning
- Manage the relationship with Regulatory Authorities and external bodies on resolution planning including presentations and updates
- Oversee robust governance structure for Resolution Planning including effective stakeholder engagement. Prepare and present updates to Steering, ALCO, Board Risk Committee and Board as appropriate
- Engage with advisers as appropriate
- Deliver the Group's multi-year programme to achieve resolvability and compliance with the SRB's Expectations for Banks across the seven key themes of (i) Governance; (ii) Loss absorption and MREL; (iii) Liquidity & Funding; (iv) Operational Continuity and Financial Market Infrastructures; (v) MIS & Data; (vi) Communication; and (vii) Separability & Restructuring
- Engage with workstream leads to challenge and support delivery against the seven themes, with responsibility for certain of the workstreams
- Manage preparation of the Group's annual Resolvability Self-Assessment Report for the SRB assessing progress against the Expectations for Banks
- Ensure robust process in place for the update of operational playbooks and including quality assurance and testing
- Provide support to the Group Treasurer and Head of Group Capital Management to deliver key Group Treasury strategic priorities
What is the opportunity
This is an exciting opportunity to lead a significant Group regulatory programme. You will also be a key member of the Group Treasury leadership team involved in developing and driving the strategic priorities and will serve as a role model for the Group's purpose and values. Excellent opportunity to engage and influence at senior stakeholder level.
Working at Bank of Ireland doesn't have to mean working in an office to have an impact. Our commitment to enabling colleagues to thrive means that depending on role type you can have choice and flexibility in where you work and live, subject to your role, customer needs and our requirements. We have a hybrid working model with home and office based options available. We will always list a primary location which can be where you go for in-person collaboration and a location where you can best perform your role.
Please note you must live in the jurisdiction for the business to which you are contracted.
This job can be done anywhere in ROI with the primary office location as Dublin to which travel will be required for in person collaboration. Exact frequency to be agreed with manager.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Strong exemplar of Group values of customer centricity, accountability, agility and commitment to working as one team across the Group
- Extensive senior-level experience in the banking or financial services industry, preferably in finance, risk, or treasury
- Knowledge of resolution planning framework and priorities
- Proven leadership skills, demonstrating the credibility to work effectively with the Senior Management and wider key Internal and External Stakeholders including regulatory authorities
- Strong networking skills, with the capability to establish constructive relationships and the flexibility to operate effectively up and down in a matrix environment. Must possess the ability to influence and promote collaboration among business leaders to deliver against the regulatory objectives
- Very sound judgement and business instinct, strategic thinking, highly developed organisational skills and personal and professional integrity
- Strong conceptual and strategic thinker, with the ability and vision to see the big picture and effectively analyse data and risks
- Excellent communication skills - with the ability to clearly articulate ideas, concepts and complex financial information.
- Demonstrated personal accountability for driving results, with the ability to foster qualitative team dialogue and employee professional and career development
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Relevant Financial qualification
- Accountable - Leader
- One Group, one team - Leader
- Manage Risk - Leader
- Customer Focused - Leader
- Agile - Leader
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.