Transactions Data Analytics - Associate
As one of the world’s largest networks of audit, tax and consulting firms, we’ll help you reach your full potential. You’ll work on an impressive client list – from multinational and growth-focused entrepreneurs to fashion icons. The variety of projects will challenge you every day, helping you expand your capabilities and grow professionally. And with access to a global team that spans more than 120 countries, you’ll have plenty of opportunity to broaden your horizons. Discover a culture that nurtures individuality and celebrates fresh thinking. It's your career. Own it at RSM.
About the role
The pace of innovation within RSM is increasing all the time and this has created the need for additional skills within the firm in relation to analytics and data-centric development. The role will be responsible for driving the adoption of data analytics in our transactions business and across the firm by successfully delivering client facing project work and internal innovation solutions.
This project work will predominantly be with the due diligence and financial modelling teams, supporting them to analyse large and difficult data sets before then visualising findings in innovative and interactive ways through Microsoft Power BI and Excel. The internal solutions portion of the role will involve identifying areas across the business where analytics tools can drive efficiency and improve operations.
You will be expected to:
- Quickly review and assimilate large quantities of data to identify and prioritise data required
- Integrate and cleanse large and difficult datasets across multiple sources into a single robust dataset for further analysis
- Uncover and interpret trends from business data and other available data sources
- Understand how to develop and build dashboards, reports and other visualisations for stakeholders
- Communicate effectively with all stakeholders, regardless of seniority or technical understanding
- Support the development of a data-centric culture within RSM’s transactions business by providing support, guidance, and training
- Actively own and support relationships with key stakeholders across the business, gathering short and long-term requirements and providing on going analytic support
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of analytic best practices and frameworks within RSM’s transactions business
- Contribute to improvements in how RSM’s transactions business’s visualisations are delivered and own the visual style and narrative
- Deliver work to high standards within a fast-moving deal environment
The preferred candidate will have strong problem-solving skills, bring the ability to focus on getting the job done, maintaining a view of the business benefits, and proving resilient in the face of obstacles.
This role is in an agile team, collaborating with colleagues and stakeholders so excellent communication skills are essential. The right candidate will be experienced in working with large and difficult datasets. They should bring demonstrable experience of delivering against challenging deadlines and have a desire and passion for continual development.
Essential skills and experience
- Excellent logical problem solver
- Demonstrate strong analytical mindset and high level of attention to detail
- Experience of working with a variety of datasets and being able to shape and manipulate data
- Experience of delivering insights through visualisation of data
- High standard of written and verbal communication skills
- Self-starter and able to master a brief quickly, combined with a sensitivity to risk management
- Demonstrate a proven record of resilience and thriving under pressure
- Ability to prioritise work effectively and to work to challenging deadlines
- Excellent collaboration and presentation skills
- Focused and versatile team player who is comfortable under pressure, ambiguity, frequent change, or unpredictability
- Fully qualified ACA (or equivalent)
- Experience with data analytics tools (e.g. Alteryx, Qlik, RStudio)
- Experience with data visualisation tools (e.g. Power BI, Tableau, Spotfire, Excel)
- Experience of working with analytical languages (Python/R)
- Demonstrate successful interactions with business and technical stakeholders
- Have worked in or have had exposure to a transaction environment
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.
Diversity and Inclusion at RSM
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.
To find out more, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our Careers Website.