ACA Accounts Graduate Apprenticeship - September 2022 Start
We are looking for an talented individual to be our new ACA Apprentice for our Heathrow office with a September 2022 start date. This is an ideal opportunity for a graduate looking to kickstart their career in Accounting!
The ACA Programme:
Menzies LLP was voted one of the best Graduate & Apprenticeship Employers to work for over the past 5 years (Job Crowd.com) with our award-winning training and development trainee programmes for Graduates & Apprentices. We offer a personable, friendly and supportive training environment. All of our trainees have a mentor & training manager for the duration of the trainee programme and they will get the opportunity to work with a wide range of clients from various industry sectors.
Menzies’ ACA Apprenticeship programme is ideal for graduates starting out in the accountancy profession. Our ACA trainees work in small client assignment teams of three or four people with direct access to business owners and directors. Over the three-year programme, Trainees will develop their technical knowledge, practical skills and gain commercial insight into how a variety of businesses work and the challenges they face. As Trainees progress through the programme they will develop audit skills in increasingly complex areas and take on additional responsibility for supervising some of the work of more junior members of the team.
- Communicating and building working relationships with clients and other employees within relevant departments within the Firm.
- Planning, execution and completion of statutory audits, reporting to managers and partners.
- Preparation of statutory accounts, including review of disclosure requirements.
- Co-ordinate and communicate plans with clients, to ensure deadlines are met.
- Beginning to lead on-site audit teams and completing jobs with minimal supervision from the second year of contract, ensuring quality is met within budget.
- Monitoring and progressing less experienced trainees and team members from within your second year.
- Engaging in business development, promoting the Firm and its services to existing and potential clients.
You will have:
- Minimum of a 2:1 undergraduate degree in a Business, Finance, Scientific, Law, Engineering, Mathematics or other related discipline.
- Minimum 3 A-Level passes at grade A-C
- 5 GCSEs grades A*- C or 9-4 (Maths and English Language preferred) or equivalent.
- A passion for working with people
- Strong at networking & relationship building skills
- Existing/recent entry level work experience in the accounting profession would be ideal
- All candidates will be required to provide evidence of eligibility to work in the UK for the duration of the training contract.
Due to the large volume of applications we receive for each role, we may not always be able to respond to your application within a short-term time period. However, every application is reviewed by a member of the Talent Acquisition team against the criteria set-out but also the quality of your CV and Covering Letter!