Senior Finance Controlling Manager
‘Be You’ at GSK
At GSK, we're a company with a purpose to help people do more, feel better and live longer. We realise that our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best. Therefore, we want all applicants to be able to perform their best throughout the recruitment process.
We will be delighted to hear from talented individuals that align to our values. These are at the heart of everything we do and include: Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living our values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. In return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Together, we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us.
As a modern employer, we empower you to be yourself, share ideas and work collaboratively.
Senior Finance Controlling Manager
As a Senior Finance Controlling Manager, you will play a strategic role and will be a key member of the Global Functions Finance Unit. The role reports directly into the Finance Director Controllership.
In this role you will coordinate month-end and planning cycles and controlling activities for Global Functions. You will also provide strong leadership and support to the Finance Directors and manage controllership activities in the Hub for all Global Functions.
In this role you will…
- Support the Finance Directors (FDs) in the preparation of the 3/1 Plans and Latest Estimates (UP1, UP2) for consolidated Global Functions (OPEX, CAPEX, OE, Working Capital), supporting in providing with guidance and coordination on timelines, key milestones and collecting business inputs – through finance partners – to achieve senior stakeholders sign-offs and perform formal submissions
- Manage month end cycles, delivering commentaries and management reporting covering income statement, balance sheet and cash flow as applicable. Key actor for financial control for Global Functions
- Consolidate OPEX for the Global Functions, highlighting trends and working with the Function FDs to analyse and investigate causes of unexpected variance. Lead the review of monthly results with the Function Finance Teams and provide commentary on key variances/business drivers and any actions required. Present and review with Group Financial Controller
- Contribute to the preparation of the monthly Global Leadership Team commentary and review pack during planning cycles
- Work with the Function Finance teams to aid preparation of and consolidate global budgets, plans and forecasts for the Functions and control to targets/plan – investigate and challenge variances and action plans to achieve required savings, provide insightful commentary and ensure identification of risks and opportunities for review with senior management
- Support the segment cost allocation process. Liaise with FDs, Segment Finance and Corporate Planning to align expectations, insight and commentary
- Drive cost consciousness, promoting engagement and skills development amongst budget holders
- Support any internal and external financial audit processes by working in close collaboration with Auditors and provide co-ordination and guidance to GSF Finance teams/project teams as appropriate
- Ad hoc co-ordination as required for resource allocation and investment decision support, particularly around projects and reorganisations
Qualifications & Skills:
- University degree e.g. Financials, Business, Economy or related discipline
- Relevant professional qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA, MBA or equivalent) preferred
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Experience in financial controlling, financial reporting, or financial audit roles (at least 10 years) with a deep understanding of management reporting and financial planning. Demonstrated experience of financial analysis, forecasting, planning and decision making support
- Experience in a global organisation across a matrix environment with cross-functional stakeholders
- Act as a catalyst for change through strong Finance Partnering
- Advanced Microsoft applications (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and SAP experience. Knowledge of Bison/consolidation systems, Power BI, Lumira, other reporting systems
- Highly analytical mindset (essential)
- Excellent cross-functional planning and execution.
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and reliability in the stress situations
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including presentation skills
How you will be rewarded:
- We are a high performing talented team who support our businesses in making the right decisions and driving GSK Finance towards best-in-class
- Career with purpose - whatever it is you’re doing, you’ll be sharing our mission to improve the quality of human life, by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer
- Possibility of developing within the role and company’s structure
- Flexibility in remote work
- Additional benefits (bonus plan, company car, medical care, life insurance, pension scheme, sports card, recreation allowance, social fund)
- Access to newest technologies and solutions
- Team Building events
- Career at one of the leading global healthcare companies
- Supportive & friendly working environment
- Corporate culture based on our values: patient focus, integrity, respect and transparency
Inclusion & Diversity at GSK:
Inclusion and diversity at GSK are key for our success. Here, you will thrive through bringing your unique experiences to both our company and the recruitment process. We want you to be you, feel good and keep growing your career.
GSK is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants will travel through a transparent recruitment journey that adheres to all required employment standards and regulations. Beyond this, we commit to our values of integrity and respect towards every applicant.
We want to hear from you and support with any adjustments that you may require during the recruitment process. Please get in touch with our Recruitment Team (contact email) to further discuss this today.
We will request equal opportunities information from you and whilst disclosure is optional, we encourage you to be open, enabling us to monitor the inclusivity of our recruitment practices for the benefit of everyone. Your data will remain confidential, is never shared with our Hiring Managers and never affects the status of your application. *Local restrictions/legal requirements
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.