Accounting & Business Advisory Assistant
This exciting role is to join our Accounting and Business Advisory (ABA) team in the South, based in our Basingstoke office. The ABA team is split into three sub-teams - Accounting, Insight and Advisory (AIA), Accounting and Financial Reporting (AFR) and Financial Advisory Services (FAS).
You will be a key member of our growing, high performing Accounting and Financial Reporting (AFR) team based in the Basingstoke office. You will be responsible for working with the team on a broad and interesting range of assignments. A team co-ordinator is expected to be able to manage a range of tasks at once and have good communication skills.The AFR team has experienced rapid growth in the last 12 months, and the continued growth of the department will create opportunities to develop your accounting and financial reporting expertise. There are also many opportunities to develop other skill sets, including AAT qualifications, and expand into a regional role.
RSM has a commitment to ‘grow our own’ talent. We want all our people to reach their full potential. Our range of learning and development programmes has been set up to help everyone achieve their goals. So whether you’re looking to expand your skill set or want to become an accountant, our first-class training and career development opportunities will help get you there.Responsibilities:
- Management of team planning board and resource allocations, including client take-on responsibilities, project management and WIP/billing management.
- To act as key point of contact with audit and tax teams, and to communicate any problems or any contentious issues identified to the assignment manager and/or partner.
- To liaise with other departments within the office, particularly our audit and corporate tax teams, to ensure that agreed timelines are met, plan-IT meetings are booked, and significant issues are referred to assignment manager and/or partner.
- To practise the principles of excellent client service always. The position will involve significant internal and external client contact.
- To assist with regular reviews of open Cirrus files and ensure timely closure of files upon completion of assignment.
- To support the region with iXBRL tagging. Maintaining a central register and assisting with preparation as and when required.
- A willingness to travel to other regional offices is required. However, the vast majority of our work is office-based working within our fast-growing and high performing team.
Minimum Qualifications:Personal and professional qualities The role requires:
- Knowledge and use of Dynamics
- Knowledge and use of client engagement acceptance procedure.
- A positive, can-do attitude and a willingness to learn and progress.
- Strong project management and organisational skills.
- Experience of Microsoft Office, with high competency with both Excel and Word.
- Experience of working in a professional practice.
At RSM we work hard to create an environment where our people can make a difference - to themselves, their career, their teams, and to the success of our firm and clients. We support all our people to work flexibly, to manage their family and other responsibilities alongside their work commitments; we believe this is key to achieving an inspiring and fulfilling working environment.Diversity and Inclusion at RSM:
At RSM, inclusion and diversity are central to our values. We have an authentic focus on intentional inclusion, enabling our people to feel they can bring their whole self to work and ensuring everyone feels supported, respected and confident to make a valuable contribution.To find out more, please visit our Diversity and Inclusion page on our Careers Website.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.