Financial Services - Assistant Manager, Wealth & Asset Management Audit - London
EY’s Financial Services practice is currently undergoing exciting change. The business is rapidly growing and we are expanding our teams across the UK, in London, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester, Leeds and Bristol. This growth offers great opportunities for learning and progression.
As an auditor at EY, your main aim will be to provide independent verification of our clients’ compliance with accounting principles. By doing so, you will play an important role in helping businesses accurately reflect their financial picture and, in turn, protect the financial markets.
As an audit professional here you will be part of a multidisciplinary team focused on providing services to your clients as they respond to regulatory reform, manage the capital life cycle and improve business operations.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Take accountability for the delivery of high quality audit work
- Perform audit procedures in complex areas, developing your technical capabilities.
- Deliver excellent service, as the primary day-to-day contact for the client.
- Supervise technical audit areas
- Demonstrate professional scepticism and compliance with our risk management and independence policies
- Demonstrate expertise in primary accounting frameworks, related financial reporting matters and applying our Global Audit Methodology to perform engagements in accordance with auditing and assurance standards
- Develop and yourself and others through both seeking and offering on-the-job coaching and knowledge sharing.
- Offering a supportive and inclusive environment for more junior members of the team.
- Challenge yourself to use new audit approaches, tools and enablers and drive efficiencies through effective project management
- Build strong credibility through displaying relevant insight and business acumen in discussions with clients and applying technical competence
- Build relationships across other EY service lines and seek opportunities to work together for the benefit for our clients
To qualify for the role you must have
- A degree qualification
- Fully or part qualified in ACA/ CA/ ACCA/CIMA (ICAEW, ICAS, Irish Institute or equivalent international qualification)
- Proven experience in delivering External Audit
- Relevant Financial Services industry experience – in particular, significant experience within the Asset Management industry
What we look for
We’re interested in Individuals with a genuine creative vision and the confidence to make it happen. You can expect plenty of autonomy in this role, so you’ll also need the ability to take initiative and seek out opportunities to improve our current relationships and processes. If you’re serious about auditing and ready to take on some of our clients’ most complex issues, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.