Manager / Senior Manager, Corporate Secretarial, Tax
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Join a global network that understands what businesses need to have access, visibility and control. Our market-leading approach combines extensive local compliance and accounting experience with a standard global compliance process and web-based tools to help you execute your job. In one country or many, you have the opportunity to provide clients an integrated, consistent, quality service that unlocks the potential of the compliance function, with tax compliance, statutory accounts preparation and tax accounting calculation support.
You’ll be part of a growing global team, acting as a key point of contact for a wide range of clients and colleagues. In return, you can expect plenty of support designed with your own personal skills and experience. EY is a dynamic place to develop not only your technical knowledge, but also your professional leadership and business acumen.
You have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because your professional development is important to us and we are fully committed to helping you realise your potential.
Your key responsibilities
As a Corporate Secretarial Manager, you’ll be a key member of the team, committed to supporting the Corporate Services executives in building and maintaining relationships with clients. You’ll spend most of your time in managing corporate transactions. You enjoy actively contributing to the growth and development of the practice by taking operational responsibility and accountability for engagement team support and delivery.
Skills and attributes for success
- Managing a portfolio of clients independently
- Preparing resolutions and minutes of meetings of directors and shareholders and related forms
- Providing advice on compliance requirements and ensure client’s compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements
- Providing day-to-day support in corporate secretarial work
- Lodge returns and documents with the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA)
- Maintaining proper statutory records
- Maintaining proper corporate secretarial database
- Performing customer due diligence according to ACRA Act
- Mentoring and supervising team members
To qualify for the role you must have
- ICSA qualification/certification
- At least8 years of working experience in corporate secretarial work
- Conversant with the Companies Act and familiar with the regulatory and reporting requirements
- Good knowledge of processes and electronic filing requirements of ACRA
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent organisational skill
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Able to perform under tight deadlines
- Meticulous and organised individual with initiative
- Good verbal/written communication skills
Ideally, you also have
- A degree in economics, finance, law, tax or accounting
- Experience working in multicultural teams
- Accreditation by SIATP
What we look for
Highly motivated individuals with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize shifting workloads in a rapidly changing industry. An effective communicator, you’ll be a confident team player that collaborates with people from various teams while looking to develop your career in a dynamic organization.
What we offer
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.