Technology Programme Manager - FS Insurance (Life & Pension, Health) - Senior Manager - Dublin
Technology Programme Manager –FS Insurance (Life & Pension, Health) -Technology Consulting - Dublin
EY is the only major professional services firm with an integrated Financial Services practice across Europe, the Middle East, India and Africa (EMEIA). We connect our Asset Management, Banking and Capital Markets and Insurance clients to 6,500 talented people from 12 countries and 35,000 Financial Services colleagues around the world.
In EYFS Ireland, we are expanding our Consulting practice and building our Technology Consulting team as a key component of our NextWave Strategy. NextWave is EY’s global strategy and ambition to deliver long-term value to clients, people and society. It is inspired by the way innovations spread through society. We are actively recruiting high achieving individuals with Project Management expertise on technology-enabled transformation projects/programmes within Financial Services.
Join EY FS Ireland you will be working with the best people on the most complex financial service issues, helping to shape the future of financial services.
By joining the Technology Consulting team, you will work in high-performing teams that deliver exceptional client service, enabling organizations to grow, innovate, protect and optimise their business performance – playing your part in building a better working world.
Your key responsibilities
- Takes end to end responsibility for the mobilisation, delivery and benefits of large scale complex strategic programmes in accordance the Project Management Methodology.
- Plans, directs, and co-ordinates activities to manage and implement a change programme roadmap from mobilisation through to implementation leading, directing and overseeing a large team of programme resources.
- Maintains focus so that programmes are managed to realise business benefits.
- Identifies and make decisions that have a significant programme impact and escalate decisions that cannot be resolved to the agreed governance forums.
Skills and attributes for success
- Identifies, drives and leads problem solving and issue management for the programme deliverables
- Conducts regular and ad-hoc program reviews with project managers, team and clients
- Responsible for checking that all projects within programme adhere to Client project methodology and makes appropriate changes so that any deviations are addressed.
- Establishes project management processes and risk and control processes
- Influences Client Project Management methodology and policy improvements.
- Possess the poise and maturity to handle difficult client situations
- Influences and negotiates programme outcomes, often across multiple functions. Prepares and presents analysis, insights and recommendation to assist agreed governance forums and senior stakeholders with decision making.
- Manage financial aspects of client engagements and communicate significant issues, fees, and estimates to complete to vendors and clients
- Analyse business requirements from key stakeholders and assesses relevant solutions
- Coaches’ colleagues in the development of compelling business cases
- Proactively manages any potential risks or issues
To qualify for the role,you must have
- 12+ years senior level experience in delivery of large-scale complex change programmes ideally in enterprise-level insurance customer/s. Candidate programme managers should have credible experience operating at this level.
- Deep Functional expertise coupled with a relevant accreditation in their allocated programme/Domain e.g., Life & Pension, Health, Finance etc
- Have experience implementing Life & Pension, Health platforms e.g., BaNCS, ALIP, MSG, Fadata, etc or any relevant L&P or Health platform.
- Have a track record of delivery within several large-scale IT transformation programme in Insurance customers/ environment.
- Experience in a matrix managed organisation
- Experience in the establishment, training and managing teams comprised of both staff, contractor and strategic partners.
- Strong financial background including experience of business case development and financial governance
- Excellent communication skills – tailoring communications to suit a mix of audiences
- Have experience in seeking the alignment of business and IT, operating across organisational and technology silos to drive common approaches, delivering sustainable, agile and re-usable solutions
- Have a proven ability to be able to take a ‘big picture’ delivery and project management view as well as being able to work at a detailed level across a broad range of contract types and engagement approaches
- Address any deficiencies in the existing system development lifecycle with specific proposals for improvement
- Be able to Influence and negotiate programme outcomes, often across multiple functions. Prepare and present analysis, insights and recommendation to assist agreed governance forums and senior stakeholders with decision making.
- Accreditation and practitioner experience of a range of Project Management approaches including PRINCE II, PMI, Agile, etc.
Ideally, you’ll also
- Have a Project Management track record with a blue-chip consulting or systems integration firm or as an IT Project Manager within a leading Enterprise/Organisation
- Be comfortable working with client executives and senior management
- StrongRelationship-building/influencing/decision making skills are imperative, as they will have to effectively work with senior leaders in cross-functional areas.
- Have excellent communication skills – ability to translate strategy into measurable business benefits and vice versa with senior business stakeholders
- Have experience in one or more of the following specialisms: Service Management, Infrastructure Management, Cloud Migration, Integration, Data Management, Test and QA.
- Have experience working with directors to generate new business opportunities and build client networks and relationships
- Understand all our service offerings and actively identify opportunities to better serve clients
- Be able to build relationships with clients, acting as the primary point-of-contact for select clients/client personnel
- Present business cases for recommended solutions, defining potential benefits, costs, options, risks and impact
- Have experience in Finance Transformation project / programmes (if any)
- Have experience in IRFS 17 (if any).
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and withFlexEYyou can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedbackfrom some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
Additionally, EY is now one of the first global companies to offer our employees access to an externally accredited Technology MBA – a truly unique opportunity to develop yourself and others.
As a global leader in assurance,Tax,Strategy &TransactionsandConsultingservices,weareusing the finance products, expertise and systems wehavedeveloped to build abetterworking world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities andcreativefreedom to make things better.Whenever you join, however long you stay, theexceptionalEY experience lasts a lifetime.And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2021 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.