Tax Services Manager - National Tax - Family Office Advisory Services - West Region
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Location: DALLAS (Victory), LOS ANGELES, SAN DIEGO, SAN FRANCISCO, SEATTLE, PORTLAND, PHOENIX
Family Offices constantly evolving and changing to meet the needs of the families and business investments they serve. More than ever, staying competitive is all about identifying and adapting to change. Where there’s change, there’s opportunity and our clients look to us for the authoritative experience and insights into opportunities to adapt to this changing environment. As a Family Office Advisory Services Manager, you’ll play a key role in that mission, providing tailored advisory services for some of our most prestigious clients across all backgrounds.
Family Office Advisory Services is a growing practice within the organization, and you’ll see that growth reflected in your career. With a diverse portfolio of interesting and challenging work, you’ll make an impact on some of the largest family offices and family businesses in the world. You’ll be part of a growing global team, acting as a key point of contact for a wide range of clients and colleagues. This is an opportunity for cross-border and cross-functional teaming. In return, you can expect plenty of support designed with your own personal skills and experience. EY is a dynamic place to develop not only your technical tax knowledge, but also your professional leadership and business acumen.
Your key responsibilities
Family Office Advisory Services is unique in that you will be tasked with supporting the legacy of the family by protecting, improving and growing the family’s financial, social and human capital. Depending on your unique skills and ambitions, you could be managing various responsibilities, from consulting and advising clients who include high-profile individuals of extremely high net worth with expectations to match. You will review family office current governance, operations and technology systems, decisions and processes through interviews of key personnel, external advisors and family members. You will become a trusted advisor to your clients and a role model for our people across multiple teams, making this a great place to develop a diverse network of collaborative colleagues. Whatever you find yourself doing, you’ll personally coach and develop a highly trained team, all while handling activities with a focus on quality and commercial value.
Skills and attributes for success
- Developing solutions by leveraging technology
- Inquisitive mind and well developed listening skills
- Understands business operations within small office environment
- Translating complex data from a range of sources into client-ready insights and deliverables
- Building effective long-term relationships with our clients, understanding their unique needs to provide a tailored service
- Maintaining your reputation in your field by constantly updating and sharing your technical and finest practice knowledge
- Managing, coaching and developing a team of professionals, reviewing work and helping to confirm they have the knowledge, tools and opportunities they need to excel
- Identifying and reacting to risks and opportunities to improve our services and processes
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or a related field, supported by project management, operations, technology and implementation experience
- Certification: One of the following, CPA, LLM or J.D. (must be an active member of the bar), Project Management Professional (Six Sigma, Lean or equivalent certification).
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in professional service organization
- Experience working with family owned businesses
- Management or operational experience in the investment management, private banking or fund administration industry
- An understanding of financial, estate and wealth planning
- An understanding of portfolio management processes, including asset allocation, portfolio rebalancing, fund and security operations, risk and performance reporting
- Business process and leading technology consulting experience
- Excellent collaboration and negotiation skills, and the confidence to challenge senior colleagues and stakeholders from a diverse range of backgrounds
- Ability to travel approximately 50% of the time
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- A proven record in working with high net-worth individuals and their investments
- Financial software systems experience especially with requirements definition, systems selection and implementation
- A proven record in a professional services environment
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Experience in coaching and mentoring junior colleagues
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- The ability to adapt your work style to work with both internal and client team members
What we look for
We’re interested in intellectually curious people, with the ability to adjust to change and thrive in a constantly evolving environment. You’ll need to be someone who is capable of asking the tough questions, and independently driving their own career and learning initiatives. You’ll also need excellent organizational skills and a proven record of multitasking and working effectively across multiple projects. So, if you’re ready to contribute your big ideas and make a measurable difference right from the start, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.