Business Consulting, Sr Manager - Healthcare Provider - Revenue Cycle - Central/Chicago/Atlanta
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Today’s healthcare environment is undergoing rapid change and transformation. The market is being impacted by changing regulations, new payment structures, increasing reliance on technology, and a move towards population health. As a senior manager within our Health consulting practice, you’ll work with clients across the healthcare industry, from hospitals and integrated delivery networks to commercial and governmental insurers. You’ll use your industry knowledge and relationship skillsets to assist our clients in delivering services efficiently and effectively.
As part of EY’s Health consulting practice, you will work with these clients across the country in solving complex problems in today’s rapidly changing healthcare environment. We currently are seeking a highly motivated Senior Manager, with a focus on healthcare revenue cycle, to manage client engagement teams, work with a wide variety of clients to deliver professional services and manage business development activities on strategic and global priority accounts.
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior Manager in our Health consulting group focused on Revenue Cycle, you’ll spend most of your time teaming with our Revenue Cycle team working with a broad spectrum of not-for-profit and for-profit healthcare clients, including hospitals, healthcare systems, physician practices and academic medical centers, to assess and redesign revenue cycle processes and optimize technology across the following areas:
- Scheduling and patient access
- Financial clearance
- Revenue integrity, charge capture and coding
- Billing and collections
- Denials management
- Reimbursement and strategic pricing
- Revenue cycle IT systems optimization
Skills and attributes for success
- Lead large scale transformation client engagements. Drive high-quality work products within expected timeframes and on budget
- Monitor progress, manage risk and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes
- Foster relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels. Stay abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client's business
- Demonstrated Project Management experience, including creating work plans, budgets, and goal setting/benchmarks
- Effectively lead and motivate teams with diverse skills and backgrounds. Foster an innovative and inclusive team-oriented work environment. Play an active role in counseling and mentoring junior consultants within the organization
- Generate new business opportunities. Understand Ernst & Young and its service lines and actively assess/present ways to serve clients
- Demonstrate deep technical capabilities and professional knowledge. Possess in depth business acumen
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor's degree and approximately 10 years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 7 years of related work experience.
- Approximately 7 years of healthcare consulting experience in revenue cycle operations
- Prior experience as a senior manager (or above), in a consulting firm or in a senior management role within industry
- Knowledge and ability in leading teams in process redesign projects (assessment, redesign and implementation) in acute care and multi-hospital environments, with preference given to individuals with patient access, business office, denials management, point of service collections and cash acceleration experience
- Assist in generating revenue within existing healthcare clients and in developing new prospects at the “C” level of large healthcare companies
- Ability to manage a team of staff/senior/manager consulting professionals
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment (knows when to lead and when to follow)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- A willingness to travel to meet client needs; travel is estimated at 80%
Ideally you’ll also have
- A degree with an emphasis in Finance, Accounting, and/or Business; CPA, MBA, MHA and/or MPH
What we look for
We’re interested in passionate leaders with strong vision and a desire to stay on top of trends in the healthcare industry. If you have a genuine passion for healthcare and helping organizations maximize their revenue cycle, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EY’s Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at email@example.com.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.