National Tax-BTS-Tax Controversy and Risk Management Services Senior Manager - Open Location
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
EY’s National Tax Department (NTD) serves high-profile, national and multinational clients, providing a range of domestic and international transactional tax planning services and tax-related advisory services. The combination of knowledge and experience forms the basis of our ability to assist clients in meeting their business objectives. We believe that by managing our clients’ tax obligations responsibly and proactively we can make a critical difference, and you’ll be at the heart of this mission.
Our global tax controversy network is uniquely positioned to help businesses assess, prevent, manage and resolve their tax controversy issues. This is a wonderful opportunity to work remotely, if desired, while supporting EY’s objective to provide global tax risk and controversy management that is holistic, integrated and end-to-end.
Your key responsibilities
Your responsibilities may include:
- Representing and advocating for clients before the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- Assessing and advising clients about penalty risk and mitigation
- Pre-filing controversy management and tracking
- Dispute resolution
- Drafting relief requests (e.g., section 9100 relief), penalty abatement requests, and other filings
- Communicating complex tax issues to non-tax professionals and clients
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field or a law or business degree with some experience in tax or a related field
- Professional credentials - CPA, JD, or enrolled agent
- Substantial experience working within professional services, professional tax organizations and/or government
- High level of proficiency in the research and understanding of complex Internal Revenue Code sections and other U.S. tax authorities in areas of limited prior expertise
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent writing, communication, collaboration and negotiation skills
- Ability to work and communicate with both internal and external clients
What we look for
We are interested in professionals who are ready to become a part of a highly engaged, diverse and dynamic team to help us continue to make a real difference to our clients.
- The salary range for this position in Denver, CO is: $108,300 - $210,200
- The salary range for this position in Las Vegas NV is: $108,300 - $210,200
- The salary range for this position in Hartford, CT is: $113,900 - $221,200
- The salary range for this position in Stamford, CT is: $131,000 - $254,500
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.