Transfer Agency (Dealing Services) - Vice President
Who we are looking for
At this level you will be required to demonstrate a comprehensive knowledge of the Funds Industry, and take a lead role in the management of the team, allied with a strong service and process ethos overall. You will be expected to have an in depth knowledge of core Transfer Agency dealing processes and be able to manage a wide range of client specific requirements. You will be expected to manage, lead and drive client deliverables and activities with a major focus on SLAs, KPIs, quality, issue management/resolution, reporting, change management, risk management, client escalation and effective communication. You will continually work towards the ultimate goal of ensuring a high level of client servicing whilst exercising operational oversight within the business, providing leadership to the team, and making sound operational decisions with a strong focus on risk management.
This role can be performed in a hybrid model, where you can balance work from home and office to match your needs and role requirements.
Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS’ tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
- Exercise sound decision making. Take into consideration all the factors and assess each situation effectively.
- Create an environment that is flexible and adaptable to Change.
- Initiate and oversee tasks within a continuous improvement drive to ensure that processes are efficient and seen as customer and quality driven.
- Ensure participation in the completion and implementation of department wide projects as required and lead local team initiatives as required.
- Build and develop a strong client relationship management discipline.
- Continually look for opportunities to enhance the client service experience and prevent client issues arising.
- Foster an environment where procedures and policies are adhered to and procedural changes are introduced to enhance the performance of the group.
- Ensure that teams are meeting deliverables and provide support to ensure that goals are met.
- Keep abreast of current client relationship status through the regular review of Management Reports e.g. Customer feedback etc.
- Obtain detailed understanding of client's business /products and support sales process as required
- Identify and secure resources required by the department and ensure effective utilisation
- Ensure that Dealing Services teams are properly resourced both in terms of people and technology whilst complying with agreed budgetary guidelines
- Actively support the overall organisation and Transfer Agency Training Plan
- Utilise management information to assist in managing both client expectations and internal resources
- Focus on development opportunities for your direct reports and ensure a focus on non-operational management within the department
- Using corporate HR tools, actively participate in the performance appraisal process and monitor overall timeliness of completion for the entire team with your direct reports
Change Control / Project Management
- Responsible for timely acknowledgement of change requests from client/s.
- Respond to internal and client queries on requests for support ad hoc dealing events
- Participate in relevant internal & external Steering Group meetings where appropriate
Risk & Regulatory
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and with the relevant short, medium and long-term goals, objectives and values of the organisation.
- Promote and drive risk awareness, assessment and control within the department.
- Understand the risk environment within the department and manage appropriately.
- Ensure the implementation of appropriate procedures to meet internal control and external compliance/regulatory requirements where required.
- Responsible for liaison with internal operational/IT counterparts to facilitate appropriate information flows to and from colleagues and clients.
- Undertake regular review of customer feedback with colleagues
- Liaise positively with all internal groups including Operations, Risk and Compliance.
- Lead communication within the team of Regulatory updates and requirements.
What we value
- These skills will help you succeed in this role
- Excellent administrative and organizational and business support skills with the ability to multi-task and to work calmly under pressure.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office suite including Word Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work accurately to tight deadlines.
- Proactive and able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Comprehensive procedural technical and product knowledge of the Transfer Agency business is required, preferably with knowledge of Dealing.
- Typically candidate will have 5-10 years experience in a TA environment.
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Business related degree preferable.
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don’t necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we’re making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we’ve been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You’ll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees’ diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.