Financial Planning and Analysis Specialist
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.
- Work in the Finance department of one of the world’s top tier Financial Institutions and gain first-hand insight into the business
- Flexible working arrangements (core hours and opportunity to work from home)
- Open minded and welcoming environment, where your ideas are taken seriously
- Continued professional development based on your career interest
- Inclusive and welcoming environment
- Contingent/Leased assignment working onsite at Morgan Stanley
- Contract via 3rd party agency
- Prepare annual and quarterly P&L forecasts and report performance against key metrics on a monthly, quarterly and ad hoc basis
- Prepare, consolidate, review and analyze a number of key forecasting activities including but not limited to: budget, forecast, stress testing, pro-forma modeling, sensitivity analysis
- Analyze forecasting models, earnings and financial sensitivities, and strategic initiatives
- Partner with various internal teams to conduct expense modelling and management activities
- Communicate and coordinate effectively with partner teams (e.g., Capital, business aligned FP&A, Treasury, Product Control, Human Resources) to drive successful outcomes
- Support ad hoc financial analyses and projects as required
- 3-5 years of experience in financial services, financial planning and analysis, product control, financial analytics, or capital planning, including performing financial forecasts and providing financial analyses that highlight key drivers and dependencies impacting results and the overall health of the organization across revenues, expenses, and resources
- Excellent analytical, writing and presentation skills, including ability to summarize complex business problems and detailed analyses with clarity and brevity
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, problem solving and client service skills
- Ability to influence and advise senior leadership
- Adept at working independently in a fast-paced environment and handling complexity and ambiguity
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to coordinate, prioritize and manage multiple deliverables
- Prior experience analyzing P&L and financial data and managing large data sets
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field preferred
Financial Planning & Analysis (Corporate FP&A & Infrastructure FP&A) is responsible for providing Senior Management with strategic analyses of the Firm’s global businesses, the Firm’s annual budget, and other related financial information utilized in strategic decision-making. Corporate FP&A is also responsible for reporting financial forecasts and related analyses to various stakeholders, including the Firm’s regulators. We collaborate closely with business segment FP&A and reporting teams, infrastructure divisions, Corporate Treasury, and the Risk Department on various aspects of its deliverables.
Morgan Stanley provides a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place to learn, grow and achieve. You will be exposed to a truly international and multi-cultural environment that appreciates and respects who you are as a person. Our state-of-the-art offices in the City Centre have been designed to maximise collaboration.
Interested in flexible working opportunities?
Please speak to our recruitment team to find out if a flexible working agreement can be supported within this contingent/leased assignment.
Whilst engaged on a contingent assignment onsite at Morgan Stanley you will be provided with a supportive and inclusive environment. Morgan Stanley’s skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.