Senior Fund Accountant
About MUFG Investor Services
MUFG Investor Services provides asset servicing solutions to the global investment management industry. Leveraging the financial and intellectual capital of MUFG – one of the largest banks in the world with $2.8 trillion in assets – we provide clients access to a range of leading solutions from fund administration, middle-office outsourcing, custody, foreign exchange, trustee services and depository to securities lending and other banking services.
With a diverse and dynamic network of offices across the globe, MUFG Investor Services provides challenging and rewarding careers. We achieve this by offering continuous learning and development, collaborative team work environment, promotion of work-life integration, and exposure to a wide variety of work.
Imagine your future at MUFG Investor Services where you can grow professionally, in a diverse and inclusive workplace that rewards your contribution.
Currently, we are all working from home. We continue to monitor and follow public health guidelines in all our locations and our expectation is that we will adopt a hybrid working model in the future.
We feel that offering the flexibility to blend in-office and remote working provides the best of both worlds – collaboration and structure when needed as well as the opportunity for flexibility and uninterrupted focus.
We want you, wherever possible, to be able to help define the working lifestyle that will enable you to be successful.
- Reconcile the cash balances, portfolios and other data of our funds as required, documenting any differences clearly for review by senior colleagues
- Accurately process transactions in our accounting system as required, understanding their impact on the NAV of the fund
- Price portfolio securities in accordance with applicable valuation policy as required.
- Calculation and processing of any NAV based fees as required
- Ensuring capital transactions are booked correctly and P&L is allocated correctly at fund, class and investor level
- Process payment of fund expenses in applicable banking system in accordance with organization controls
- Maintain fund’s budget, ensuring it replicates system entries and information provided
- Adhere to deadlines set in order for us to meet Service Level Agreements
- Respond to client queries in a timely and efficient manner
- Assist with the preparation of Net Asset Value calculations, financial statements and associated reports along with dealing with any associated queries
- Prepare schedules, reports and files for review by senior colleagues in compliance with organisation controls
- Assist in the training and review of fund accountant work
- Assist in the co-ordination of resources to ensure all work is carried out and SLA met on a day to day basis
- Any other ad-hoc tasks, as required
- Demonstrable experience of funds, fund structures, fee calculations, trading strategies, financial instruments and fund offering documentation
- Have a third level qualification (minimum 2.2 degree) or equivalent qualification
- Be proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of software applications
- Ideally have a working knowledge of Bloomberg
MUFG provides all of its employees with an extremely competitive and attractive compensation package. In addition to base salary, there is a group medical insurance scheme, group pension scheme, reimbursement of professional subscriptions, paid holidays and assistance towards gym memberships.
We thank all candidates for applying; however, only those proceeding to the interview stage will be contacted. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of providing an accessible candidate experience.