Senior Manager NTD: ITTS - OME
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
National Tax– International Tax and Transactions Services (ITTS) – Operating Model Effectiveness – Senior Manager
Embedded in our EY’s ITTS practice, our Operating Model Effectiveness (OME) is a global network of tax professionals who support our clients’ business strategies by designing efficient operating models. They help corporate leaders make tax informed business decisions.
A company’s operating model links its strategy to its daily operations. It provides a framework for organizing the company’s management, assets, and processes. The dynamic global environment in which we live has many disruptive forces which require companies to review and refine their operating models often. Business leaders are constantly challenged to strike a balance between customers experience, efficient processes, and profitability. Sweeping changes in tax policy, laws and regulations, and controversy approach around the world have added to the complexity of making these business decisions.
Changing a company’s operating model brings inherent risk, but it also brings an opportunity for increased efficiency. EY’s OME team takes a sector-focused cross-functional approach to help manage risks and capitalize on opportunities. Understanding and balancing stakeholder interests is the key to a successful design and requires our OME tax professionals to possess strong business acumen.
EY is a leader in designing operating models because our experienced business consulting, tax, and audit professionals are integrated globally, thus providing many diverse analytical perspectives.
Our tax function is constantly evolving, and it is here that you will find everything you need to grow as we do. It is all about taking on new skills and responsibilities as they arise and making the most of our dedicated mentors and training programs. We offer unsurpassed mentorship and development from thought leaders in the field, in an exciting environment where you have upward mobility, autonomy, client interactions and opportunities to travel 50% of the time. This means you can be based in almost any EY office in the United States.
Your key responsibilities
There is no average day for an OME Senior Manager – so you are likely to spend your time applying a diverse array of tax, economic, business, and financial knowledge in a practical manner to client situations. You will help analyze clients’ strategic goals, discuss operational objectives with key business stakeholders, identify salient issues, research potential operating solutions and tax positions, collaboratively design operating models that balance tax and non-tax considerations, assist companies with implementing newly designed models, and integrate cross-functional operating model design teams in global projects. You will also contribute to the OME innovation and thought leadership agenda.
Skills and attributes for success
- Comfortable providing guidance on complex tax, value chain, and operating model concepts
- Strong business acumen
- Ability to manage planning discussions and workshops with multiple disciplines/functional project workstreams (tax and non-tax)
- Comfortable with talking to tax and non-tax business stakeholders, employees and executives, in small group settings (e.g., interviews, update meetings)
- Creatively build and apply tax technical solutions in a practical manner to client situations
- Design and deliver tailored, quality work products (e.g., tax technical memoranda, project plans, process maps, executive presentations) in a timely and responsive manner
- Create and drive design innovation and thought leadership efforts (internal think tanks with thought leaders, articles, webcasts)
- Experience in market business development
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree or PhD in Business, Finance, Economics or JD or LL.M. (Taxation)
- Minimum of eight years relevant tax supply chain experience in a professional services firm or industry
- Strong working knowledge of US international tax and transfer pricing concepts
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Effective time and project management skills for projects that require cross-functional analysis
- Ability to work in a fast-paced professional services environment
- Willingness to travel approximately 50% of time. Candidate can be based in any major EY office
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EY’s Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.