Business Transformation (Financial Services) Senior Consultant, Business Transformation
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
At EY, you will have the chance to build a career as unique as you are. With the global scale, training, support and guidance, inclusive culture and technology, you will get a chance to become the best version of you. With a network that stretches across the world, you will gain unparalleled insight and experience from different geographies and sectors. So whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
In today’s volatile and unpredictable world, making the right decisions is key to successful and sustained business performance – more so than it has been ever before. As a Business Transformation consultant, you’ll use your analytical ability to translate the corporate strategy of leading organizations into meaningful change.
Business Transformation consultants at EY are strategic thinkers, as well as the engine room of our business, working on the front lines globally with our clients, colleagues and third-parties to transform businesses. They work across different segments within Financial Services, cross-pollinating with the best of customer, strategy, operations, digital and technology to design, build and run the businesses of tomorrow. They traverse the entire spectrum from strategy and innovation, through to experience transformation and digitization of operations. No two days are the same.
They embrace an outcome oriented culture, living EY’s core values, and widely collaborate with several other internal teams to consistently deliver value-added outcomes for our clients.
Your Key Responsibilities
- The Business Transformation team focuses on strategy, future operating models, experience design, platforms, innovation and execution. The sheer nature of wide scope of work will require you to collaborate across teams to bring the best of EY to solve the client’s problem statements
- Support senior team in developing new content for our clients which can include market research/sizing, as well as creating scalable digital solutions that solve teething client issues
- Prepare timely, quality output and deliverables per client’s needs
- Participate in business development activities and create client pitches and proposals
- Form part of our client project delivery teams where you will manage deliverables, analyze data, prepare presentations and design solutions
Skills and Attributes for Success
- You should be passionate about working with multiple parts of the businesses across different Financial Services domains, solutioning and delivering complex digital solutions
- You find yourself always wanting to solve problems, innovate and shape the industry, wanting to differentiate
- You should be able to understand and appreciate both sides of a coin, the business aspect and the technology aspect to enable business aspirations
- You always see yourself as someone who is looking for opportunities to turn day to day business challenges into automated, frictionless working solutions aimed at providing the best client experience
- You have an analytical mindset and a structured problem-solving approach
- You enjoy communicating with people from various backgrounds and skillsets across an organization, and have always been great at communicating ideas across various channels and mediums
To qualify for the role, you must have
- An attitude to learn, approach problems head on, to be willing to roll your sleeves up to find solutions
- Minimum 2 years' experience as an internal or external consultant working on strategy, business transformation, product, operations and/or technology projects in a Financial Services (banking, insurance or asset management) organisation or in management consulting
- Structured problem solving, quantitative analysis, and storylining skills
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to work in collaborative and client-facing environments
- Strong business analysis experience
Ideally, you should also have
- A design thinking mindset including user research, functional requirements definition, business process analysis, business modelling, and workshop design and facilitation
- Working knowledge of the full lifecycle of operating model definition, roadmap creation and its execution
- Experience of working with or as part of scrum teams
- Detailed knowledge of creating user stories/requirements definition/acceptance criteria using agile tools and techniques
- Some prototyping / wireframing knowledge and experience
- Experience of developing and documenting user stories and epics
- Knowledge of tools like Figma, Adobe XD
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and will be recognized for the value you bring to our business. We also offer you:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues and mentors
- Opportunities to develop new skills and shape your career the way you want to
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that is right for you
- A diverse and inclusive culture. You will be embraced for who you are and will be empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Explore the exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.