San Juan Tax Experienced Staff
EY's National Tax Department (NTD) serves high-profile, national and multinational clients, providing a range of domestic and international transactional tax planning services and tax-related advisory services. Our Global Compliance & Reporting ' Global Services (GCR-GS) practice operates within NTD, focusing on helping clients effectively manage statutory and tax obligations proactively and responsibly. Our quality service and technical network enable you to help clients reduce inefficiencies, mitigate risk and drive process improvement within their finance and tax functions. We believe that by managing clients' tax obligations we can make a critical difference and you'll be at the heart of this mission.
Our market-leading approach combines extensive local tax and accounting experience with standard global compliance methodology providing clients an integrated service that unlocks the potential of the compliance and reporting function across the entire record-to-report process. Mentored by nationally recognized professionals (including the firm's most senior talent), you'll be a trusted business advisor by delivering on our promises to our stakeholders - and play a critical role in building a better working world.
GCR-GS assists in the design, implementation and operation of global record-to-report processes. Our capabilities include implementation of centrally managed global outsourcing/cosourcingmodels that provide clients with greater control and visibility over global compliance and reporting activities, access to global team members with expertise (tax, finance, payroll, corporate secretarial, tax technology and data analytics), and development of new operating models to address new markets entry, finance transformation initiatives integration, and implementation of shared service centers. You'll assist in the migration of statutory reporting and tax compliance processes from local countries to the centers, validation and governance of payroll operations utilizing one global methodology to track the end-to-endprocess, andprovide subsidiary governance throughout legal-entity life cycle to mitigate risk and increase corporate transparency.
In addition: generate an inventory of statutory reporting and tax compliance requirements, potential risk areas assessments, and develop operating blueprints to implement effective management and visibility over the global compliance and reporting function and help leverage big data and data analytics to align the local record-to-report process and global tax accounting, compliance, controversy and planning. As an Experienced Staff, you'll work on engagements that span 60+ countries with local teams of 300+ people.
Skills and attributes for success:
- Scoping of new opportunities: develop proposals and participate in oral presentations; provide high-quality services/work products; build relationships with clients understanding their unique needs to provide a tailored service
- Build technical competence: keep updated on global trends, developments and regulations and apply them
- Understand EY methodologies/tools to enhance service delivery, challenge current procedures to find new approaches
To qualify for the role you must have:
- A bachelor's degree in a related field, supported by significant tax or legal experience; MST,MAcc, JD/LLM preferred
- Valid US Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license or active state bar membership or progress toward certification
- 1-2 years of work experience in professional tax organization or law firm
- Broad exposure to federal income taxation, statutory reporting, payroll or other related finance activities
- Strong analytical skills, interpersonal, and written/verbal communication skills; problem-solving ability and attention to detail
Ideally, you'll also have:
- Client-facing exposure in a global role
What we look for:
We are seeking to identify high-potential Staff to deliver exceptional client service and enable the continued growth of our practice.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.