Strategy and Transactions- Business Valuation- Senior Associate- Philadelphia, McLean, Boston
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Competitive business today is all about making intelligent, informed decisions. As a Business Valuation Senior, you’ll help make that happen. You will be an important part of our diversely talented, highly experienced team and work at the forefront of high-profile transactions. Our team of strategic advisors sits at the heart of a global real estate network of specialists who deliver high-quality advice through each phase of the transaction process. You will have the opportunity to be part of a larger Valuation, Modeling and Economics team that creates and delivers broad, analytics-enabled solutions that align to our client’s focus on corporate finance, strategy, buy and integrate or sell and separate decisions, and reshaping of results.
EY has an established industry-leading Valuation, Modeling, and Economics Practice. We advise our clients in address their strategic planning, regulatory compliance, financial reporting, tax and fair market value documentation needs. You have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
As a Senior within Business Valuation you're likely to spend your day-to-day working on commercial issues, working with management on parts of the acquisition process and regularly undertake valuations for strategic priorities, with a focus on Intangible Assets.
Skills and attributes for success
- Commercial – as part of the team you will regularly advise businesses on valuations issues with regards to acquisition or divestitures and provide fairness opinions on transactions and restructurings
- Regulatory and Accounting – you will work with management as part of an acquisition process to understand how the value of acquired intangible and financial assets will impact accounting requirements
- Taxation – you will regularly undertake valuations for fiscal purposes in the US market and advise clients on all aspects of US tax valuation issues
- Intangible Assets – within the team you would specialize in the valuation of Intangible assets such as trademarks, brand names, core deposit intangibles, customer relationships, banking and other licenses, patents, technology and know-how
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor's degree in finance, economics, accounting or business and at least 2 years of related business valuation work experience; or a graduate degree and at least 1-2 years of related work experience
- Previous Business Valuation experience
- Financial modeling skills including experience building models from scratch
- Demonstrated record of solving complex problems and completing challenging projects
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Previous valuation experience in professional services/Big 4 Firm
- Financial modeling experience
- Achievement of or significant progress towards a CFA
- ASA/AM designations are a plus with the expectation of one completed designation within a given timeframe
What we look for
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, analytical, logical thinkers with a passion for valuations and have a very strong attention to detail. Being a strong team player is critical with the ability to adapt to changing requirements or deadlines in support of our client’s goals.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.