About Northern Trust:
Northern Trust provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
As a Northern Trust employee (Partner), you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve.
Northern Trust is committed to working with and providing adjustments to individuals with health conditions and disabilities. If you would benefit from adjustments for any part of the employment process, please inform the recruiter to discuss your individual requirements.
We strive to have a globally diverse workforce where engagement and inclusion drive business excellence. We believe in the power of collaborative partnerships and are proud to work with a number of organisations across EMEA who provide us with ongoing knowledge, education and insights to support our efforts.
We monitor our progress by participating in market benchmarks which assess industry best practice and are delighted to have received a Silver Award from the Mind Workplace Wellbeing Index over two consecutive years, and a Gold Award from the UK Ministry of Defence Employer Recognition Scheme.
Northern Trust has an established Global Compliance Ireland team, with partners based in both Dublin and Limerick offices. Clear goals, open communication, promoting collaborative working, empowering team members and an enjoyable working environment are features of how we try to operate as a team.
The team uses a structured and risk based Compliance Programme, to provide assurance to Senior Management of the Ireland Fund Administration and Depositary businesses on compliance with their regulatory obligations. The successful candidate will play a key role in delivering this programme of work by performing a range of activities, including:
- Acting as a “Trusted Adviser”, embedding compliance into day-to-day activities and keeping compliance foremost in everything that we do.
- Provision of a “consultancy” type compliance service, offering pro-active advice, interpretation and clarification on regulatory issues and formal training to all levels of Northern Trust staff.
- Participate in the Compliance Assurance Programme by ensuring that compliance monitoring and testing is undertaken, as required completed successfully by the team, advising management of potential compliance problems and recommending procedural changes.
This role which is based in Limerick will report to the Team Leader Compliance. The person will work closely with all members of the Global Compliance Ireland team and Ireland Senior Management, as well as regional/global compliance team members.
The key responsibilities of the role include:
- For assigned business units, provide compliance challenge, advice and support on key developments during the year including regulatory engagement, business developments and emerging issues.
- Lead others with less experience or knowledge of specific compliance topics to drive and sustain a culture of compliance.
- Review, interpret and disseminate of current and proposed laws and regulations for assigned Subject Matter Expert compliance areas.
- Develop creative ways for embedding compliance into key operational processes, in a way that allows partners to clearly understand their compliance duties.
- Identify situations to strengthen the management of compliance risk, including those outside of their assigned SME areas, and recommend plans to address these to Team Leader Compliance and Head of Compliance.
- Undertake assigned monitoring reviews in as line with the Compliance Assurance Programme.
- Monitor and assess the adequacy and effectiveness of the measures, controls and procedures put in place by business units to address NT’s compliance with its regulatory obligations.
- Produce timely, accurate, concise and high-quality reports.
- Management and co-ordination of the Regulatory Change process within the Compliance team
- Take responsibility to complete/perform other tasks contained within the overall Compliance Programme, as required and deputise for/represent Team Leader Compliance at various forums , where required.
- Coordinate appropriate reporting at various governance committees, including the firms’ Board and Risk Committee.
- Develop a clear understanding of the Northern Trust Compliance System and ensure the system is used effectively.
- Highly motivated individual who wishes to develop their skills within a progressive compliance role in a financial services environment.
- Compliance monitoring, Audit, Risk or Control experience and/or experience of providing advisory support to business areas would be an advantage.
- Ability to convey complex concepts or large amounts of data, in a clear and concise manner to diverse and senior audiences (verbal and written).
- Capable of making decisions, applies sound judgement and knows how/when to escalate.
- Can operate within strict reporting deadlines whilst balancing multiple, competing priorities.
- Influencing and conflict resolution skills.
- Proven and strong learning agility with a keen desire to support the development of others.
- Self-starter and team player.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
Working with Us:
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. In return, we will support you with your personal and career goals in a number of ways:
Financial – Life Assurance, Disability Plan, Pension/ Gratuity, Annual Pay Review
Work Life Balance – Flexible Work Options, Incremental Annual Leave, Community Volunteer Days
Health & Wellbeing – Private Medical Insurance, Active Sports & Social clubs (lunchtime and after-work groups), Employee Assistance Program
Professional Development – Clear Career Path, Education Assistance, Recognition Programme, NT University (wide range of online, virtual & in-house training options) and employee-led Business Resource Councils dedicated to diversity and inclusion initiatives.
We hope you’re excited about the role and the opportunity to work with us.
We value an inclusive workplace and understand flexibility means different things to different people.
Apply today and talk to us about your flexible working requirements and together we can achieve greater.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.