Data Analytics Senior Manager
Ideas | People | Trust
We’re BDO. An accountancy and business advisory firm, providing the advice and solutions businesses need to navigate today’s changing world.
We’ll broaden your horizons:
The work of our Audit teams is essential, not just to BDO, but to the whole economy. Working within a number of sectors, they verify the accuracy of our clients’ financial statements for stakeholders, including shareholders, governments, tax authorities, banks and customers, ensuring the stability and authenticity of the financial market. That’s why we're so comm''''''''''''''''''''itted to helping our clients, and our people to succeed. As part of our Audit team, you'll receive the support you need to reach your potential. From completing professional qualifications to developing new skills and exploring different learning opportunities, you’ll join a friendly and diverse team whose work really matters. Use your skills to build a career in Audit at BDO.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an outstanding individual to join our team as a Data Analytics Senior Manager in Digital & Risk and Advisory Services (DRAS).
If you want to be part of a growing team that is embracing digital technologies to create exciting opportunities and enhance client relationships, a team that truly puts culture and people at the heart of what we do and will spend the coming years challenging and knocking down barriers, then please read on.
In this exciting role, you will manage multiple assignments of high complexity and variety in line with BDO’s approach – although as a firm with culture at its core we expect you will challenge the norm and help us redefine our approach and seek continuous improvement. You will work closely with Directors and Partners, build amazing client relationships, assist with strategy and drive marketing and business development.
Our analytics focus will be to drive world class assurance in Internal Audit, Controls and Contract Assurance. You will support Partners, Directors and Managers to create a more a “Data Analytics driven” practice, building a Data Analytics team and delivering assignments for some of our largest and most complex engagements.
Other key elements of the role will be to input to client tenders including presenting where appropriate, and to train/support more junior members of the staff who use analytics.
Whilst you will set and drive priorities, we anticipate key responsibilities will include management of a portfolio of clients across different sectors and business development nationally where applicable. In addition, we are looking for someone who can:
- Work with the current analytics team to drive and grow the use of analytics across the practice, especially into our increasingly large and more complex client base.
- Exhibit creativity and innovation in recommending improvements to approach, processes and client service.
- Work with Partners and Directors, and the current Analytics team to help create a more Analytics driven practice where the use of analytics is at the centre of all assignments. This will also involve working audit managers to review audit plans to see where the opportunities are to increase use of analytics.
- Support Partners in sales and marketing activity, including playing a leading role in client pitch teams, attendance at group networking, and other marketing events as appropriate.
- Support Partners with the implementation and communication of any new business strategy for existing clients, target clients and the internal business.
- Act as lead on the largest Analytics assignments, planning the delivery of the work and overseeing the work of more junior members of the team where appropriate.
- Be a people leader – take ownership for people management covering resource planning and allocation, performance management, training and recommendations for promotion. Act as a mentor to team members and provide coaching with a view to assisting them to achieve their personal career goals. Act as a role model for junior staff.
- Provide thought leadership on Data Analytics and Data Visualisation, both internally to the practice and externally to clients.
- Identify opportunities and act as an ambassador of the firm, participate in marketing events, keep abreast of the wide range of services the firm offers and suggest innovative products and services.
- Research competitor offerings and remain up to date with latest thinking in areas of expertise.
- Help to further build and manage our amazing team.
Technical Knowledge, Professional Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant internal or external audit experience at a managerial level.
- ACA / ACCA qualified beneficial, but not essential.
- Experience of designing, building and delivery of data analytics related capabilities.
- Strong skills and expertise with core Microsoft Analytics tools – SQL server and Power BI, including SQL programming and building Power BI data visualisation dashboards
- Experience with other Analytics technologies (eg Python, IDEA, ACL, Alteryx, Tableau)
We’re in it together:
At BDO, we believe that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. We offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that our pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, we also provide the following benefits, as standard:
- 28 days’ holiday;
- cash allowance
- private medical
- access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
- life assurance cover;
- and income protection insurance
That’s not all. We understand that everyone is different so, we offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. Our flexible benefits platform, Flexcel, means our people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. Through Flexcel, they can:
- buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
- add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
- enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
- enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
- receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
- access childcare vouchers;
- take an online health assessment and utilise our employee assistance programme
We’re looking forward to the future:
At BDO, we’re big enough to make the difference and collaborative enough to never lose sight of where we’re going. We know that it’s our people that make our success possible. Across our 17 UK locations, more than 5,000 of them work together to provide tax, audit, assurance and a range of advisory services that help our clients achieve their ambitious goals. Together, they’re fuelling Britain’s economic engine. Behind every complex client challenge and every untapped innovation, they’re there: ensuring we continue to find the right combination of global reach, integrity and expertise. That’s why we’re always looking for ways to invest in our people. That means providing them with an environment where they can grow, learn, laugh and feel respected, at all times.
Are you ready to join them?
Our Agency Policy:
BDO has a commitment to building relationships directly with candidates (and agencies) in our local markets and as such, we do not accept speculative CVs from agencies. We work closely with our preferred suppliers to support us in sourcing quality candidates but we only pay agency fees where we have a signed agreement in place and an agency has been instructed by a member of the BDO Resourcing team. We do not pay agency fees where speculative and unsolicited CVs are submitted to BDO by any means other than through our recruitment portal. For any CVs which are submitted without instruction from the BDO Resourcing team, BDO reserves the right to contact and work directly with these candidates without payment of any agency fee.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.