FID OTC Derivatives Team Lead – Executive Director
FID OTC Derivatives Team Lead – Executive Director
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Fixed Income Division is comprised of Interest Rate and Currency Products, Credit Products and Distribution (“FID”). Professionals in the Division assess and actively manages risk, trade securities, and structure as well as execute innovative transactions in the fast-paced and constantly changing global markets. The Commodities Division is a market leader across a broad range of commodities markets, with expertise in areas including client risk management, financing solutions and investor products Sales & Trading
From the largest global institutions to innovative new hedge funds, investors come to Morgan Stanley for sales, trading, and market-making services in almost every type of financial instruments including stocks, bonds, derivatives, foreign exchange, and commodities. Our professionals provide liquidity and content to clients around the world, actively assessing and managing risk, trading securities, and planning and executing transactions in the fast-changing markets. As the needs of our clients become increasingly complex, we often develop customized solutions.
Business Unit Risk Management (“BURM”) is a 1st line team within FID which covers a number of risk areas, including Non-Market Risk (Operational Risk), Counterparty Risk, Conduct Risk and Contract Negotiations.
The Institutional Securities Documentation Team covers the contract negotiation function for trading agreements for FID (including Repo and Commodities). We are looking for an Executive Director senior team lead to manage the EMEA coverage team spanning London, Mumbai and third party vendor resources undertaking contract negotiations.
- Management and oversight of negotiation team negotiating a range of documentation for OTC Derivatives Business (ISDA and other relevant agreements) across all classes of FID (including Repo and Commodities) clientele.
- Engaging with Sales and Trading, BURM management, internal stakeholders to negotiate and resolve legal and commercial terms within the documentation negotiations and driving execution.
- Point of escalation and key decision making in relation to negotiation terms and related client on boarding matters
- Responding to internal and external negotiation related queries and engaging senior management in escalation and problem solving,
- Driving BURM management strategy across the negotiation space for day to day negotiations and repapering/regulatory projects
- Senior subject matter expert in relation to OTC Derivative documentation for internal templates, system updates, playbooks, steerco and internal forums.
- Extensive experience in negotiating, decision making and execution in relation to trading agreements for OTC Derivatives Business across FID and Commodities
- Extensive experience managing a regional team, experience in oversight, delegation, conducting performance reviews and evaluations
- Multiple years of experience in engaging with Senior Sales and Trading, Credit and risk departments in problem solving negotiation sticking points
- Education Level: Degree in law/business administration degree or equivalent
- Essential Skills: Excellent written and oral communication skills, excellent people skills (this individual will interface with a variety of people with different skills and seniority levels), general comfort with Technology (particularly Microsoft Word and Excel); a quick learner - including learning internal computer systems, ability to set, track, achieve and report on short/long term goals and projects
- Essential Characteristics: Leader, decision maker, organized, detail-oriented, self-starter (highly proactive), confident, comfortable overseeing junior and senior colleagues, ambitious, commercial, willing to assist/teach other members of the team.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.
Given the continued spread of COVID-19 (coronavirus), all interviews will be conducted by phone or virtual connection to protect our candidates and employees.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.