Property Tax Senior - Central and Southeast US
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Location: AKRON, ATLANTA, BIRMINGHAM, BOCA RATON, CHARLESTON, CHARLOTTE, CHICAGO, CINCINNATI, CLEVELAND, DETROIT, GRAND RAPIDS, COLUMBUS, GREENVILLE, INDIANAPOLIS, JACKSONVILLE, KANSAS CITY, LOUISVILLE, MEMPHIS, MIAMI, MILWAUKEE, MINNEAPOLIS, NASHVILLE, ORLANDO, PITTSBURGH, RALEIGH, SAN JUAN, ST LOUIS, TALLAHASSEE, TAMPA, TOLEDO
Handling tax in such a large, sophisticated organization takes more than just a technical understanding of current tax practices. As a Property Tax Senior, we’ll look to you to apply your knowledge to a wide range of tax areas and processes, devising strategic outcomes to some very complex issues. In return, you can expect the support of some of the most engaging colleagues around, as well as plenty of opportunities to progress your career.
Our tax function is constantly evolving, and it’s here you’ll find everything you need to grow as we do. It’s all about taking on new skills and responsibilities as they arise, and making the most of our dedicated mentors and training programs.
Your key responsibilities
You’ll spend much of your time supporting client engagements by participating in day-to-day interactions with clients, providing a quality work product and driving delivery of services to meet deadlines. You’ll continuously build on your technical competence by keeping up to date on trends, developments and legislation that impact our clients.
Skills and attributes for success
- Demonstrate an understanding of complex commercial real and personal property tax concepts and effectively apply tax knowledge to client situations
- Develop and deliver quality tax advice with timely and responsive services and work products that exceed client expectations
- Identify and offer opportunities for other special services
- Prepare quality, practical approaches to the client's tax situation and arrive at appropriate conclusions
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor's degree and a minimum of 3 years of relevant property tax consulting experience or equivalent experience in business or industry
- Broad exposure to state and local taxation
- Excellent organizational, analytical and verbal/written communication skills
Ideally, you’ll also have
- MBA or JD degrees
- CPA or CMI designations
- Experience in a professional services environment
What we look for
We’re interested in people who are ready to become a part of a highly engaged, diverse, and dynamic team to help us continue to make a real difference to our clients. If you have a strong client focus, the ability to develop meaningful relationships and the ambition to deliver above and beyond expectations, this role is for you
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.