Resource Deployment Coordinator - UKI Tax
Resource Deployment Coordinator – UKI Tax
In this pivotal role, you will be a key member of the Ireland Resource Management team supporting the Tax Service Line. The role coordinates the allocation of chargeable client facing resources to client work within the Tax Service Line. This role provides an opportunity for the successful candidate to gain insights and experience in the planning process and demand management of client facing resources.
The Resource Deployment Coordinator the first point of contact and go-to person for all resource matters on a day-to-day basis, with primary contacts including Staff, Executives and Partners. The Resource Deployment Coordinator is responsible for escalating any issues and concerns to GCR Lead(s) and/or Operations but is expected to resolve issues themselves in the majority.
- Ensure optimal demand and supply management for Compliance/GCR resource deployment
- Use knowledge of clients and capability requirements combined with an understanding of individual’s skills, targets, and career aspirations to make resourcing decisions.
- Challenge commercial drivers of the resourcing decisions.
- Manage the allocation of all chargeable roles. Review all requests within 48 hours to prioritise and acknowledge receipt.
- Ensure new joiners are allocated onto chargeable work following their induction period
- Act as the first point of contact for resourcing conflicts and issues, escalating to the GCR Lead(s) if required.
- Manage the bench/capacity and identify creative opportunities to optimise productivity.
- Action non-chargeable and authorised projects insights and highlighting areas of concern to GCR Lead(s).
- Proactively monitor Tax - GCR pipeline with local stakeholders
- Weekly review of prior week performance (Retain vs actuals), feeding insights and drivers into GCR Lead(s) and/or Operations and agreeing any necessary actions.
- Weekly reporting of one-week forward view (charged vs available hours) to GCR Lead(s) and/or Operations.
- Update Retain for Talent related bulk uploads. Leverage can be obtained from an offshore team if necessary.
- Participate in Resource Management team meetings
- Bring insight into weekly/monthly meetings
- Build relationships across SLs and regions to enable optimal resource allocation
- Proactive liaison with Tax - GCR Engagement Partners, Directors, Managers, and staff to understand client requirements and the wider needs of the business to facilitate effective resourcing decisions
- Work with GCR Lead(s) to drive actions that will improve the resource deployment and productivity of our client serving people.
- Facilitate sessions to support SL’s knowledge of using Retain/MERA.
Ideally, you will have experience of working in resourcing, workflow, general HR or operations. On the job training will be provided to the successful candidate. Experience of working in a professional services environment would be an advantage but not a requirement.
Skills and attributes to success
- Driven, organized self-starter with good analytical skills and experience of interacting with senior stakeholders daily in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- Ability to demonstrate business insight to make effective resourcing decisions e.g. right capabilities, skills mix, logistics to optimise performance of productivity and profitability
- Ability to think quickly, work under pressure to meet competing demands
- Confident and resilient to deal with challenges from people within the business
- Strong stakeholder management capability to effectively influence Engagement Partners, Directors and Managers on resourcing solutions
- Exercises good judgement, knows when to flag issues and when to deal with independently
What we look for
- You will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, plus an ability to build mutually beneficial relationships with clients and colleagues from a range of backgrounds and cultures based on knowledge, experience and personal values.
- We are looking for a driven, organised, conscientious and analytical individual with proven leadership skills working with demanding and senior stakeholders.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from colleagues
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.